IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- YouMail, the leader in intelligent telecom services, has released the world's simplest free service for hosting and participating in conference calls – finally doing away with unneeded complexities.
YouMail now provides each of its users with their own dedicated, free conference room. Participants join calls by simply dialing the host's cell phone number and pressing "8" when they hear the greeting. YouMail users can host a call by tapping a button in their mobile apps. There are no more strange numbers to call, no PINs to remember, and no more complicated setup instructions to e-mail or text to attendees.
"Everyone knows how frustrating conference calls can be when you're multi-tasking or just on the go. Trying to dial in to lengthy numbers and PINs while driving is not only difficult but can be dangerous," said YouMail CEO Alex Quilici. "YouMail is excited to introduce the world's easiest-to-use conference calling service. It's high time to have truly effortless conference calls."
Wainhouse Research has estimated that people in North America spent over 113 billion minutes on audio conference calls in 2014. YouMail's service is tackling other common conference calling complaints and annoyances from these calls.
- Smart Announce ™: Mobile users often have their calls dropped and redialed, resulting in users having to repeatedly record information about themselves when they join and rejoin, and forcing conference call participants to waste time trying to figure out who might have dropped. YouMail solves this by automatically identifying and announcing participants when they enter and exit.
- Smart Summary ™: Conference call follow-ups can be hard, given the difficulties of reaching other participants on the call, or even knowing who all of them are. YouMail automatically delivers hosts and mobile participants an automatic summary of each call, including who participated and for how long, and including a recording of the conference call for premium users. Smart Summary makes follow-ups a breeze.
YouMail's Free Conferencing Service works by replacing mobile voicemail with YouMail's Intelligent Call Manager. In addition to dramatically simplifying conference calling, the service:
- Stops robocallers by playing them a "Number Out of Service" greeting, taking YouMail users off their lists and stopping them from calling from ANY number they use, not just the number they originally called from.
- Includes an automated virtual receptionist that greets callers by name or customized greeting, and responds instantly to important callers with an automated text message linked to a digital business card, and also can automatically collect caller contact info.
- Includes an award-winning visual voicemail service, with a large inbox, with messages stored permanently and accessible on any device or delivered by e-mail.
About YouMail, Inc.:
YouMail is changing how the world handles phone calls by providing intelligent, cloud-based telecommunication services, having answered well over 5 billion calls from roughly half of the phones in America. YouMail's flagship app is an intelligent call manager that stops robocalls with its highly accurate caller ID and smart blocking technology, provides the industry's easiest one-touch conference calling capabilities, provides an automated virtual receptionist for handling, routing, and responding to calls, and includes the company's award-winning voicemail service. YouMail also produces WhoAreYou, a caller ID and call blocking app on Android, and publishes the YouMail Robocall Index, which tracks the volume and extent of robocalls in the United States.
YouMail was founded in Irvine, Calif, in 2007, and the company is privately funded. YouMail is backed by VantagePoint Capital Partners, Wavemaker Ventures, the Tech Coast Angels ACE Fund, the CrunchFund, the Tech Coast Angels, and numerous private investors and family offices.
Liana Hawes for YouMail
SOURCE YouMail, Inc.