LOS ANGELES, July 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- YP, the largest local ad platform in the U.S., had nearly $400 million in mobile search revenue in 2013, making it the number three company in the U.S. mobile advertising industry – trailing only Google and Twitter - according to analyst firm IDC (International Data Corporation). Overall, YP digital revenue reached nearly $1 billion in 2013. According to comScore Media Metrix (Multi-Platform) reporting, YP is now ranked among the top 30 properties across desktop, mobile, and mobile apps in the US.
"In a rapidly changing digital landscape, we're proud of YP's leading mobile market share. We continue to improve YP's enhanced cross-platform consumer experience, including market-leading search capabilities and mobile location-based ad targeting solutions and are committed to mobile as a core part of our strategy," said David Krantz, CEO of YP.
Founded in May 2012, YP brings together one of the industry's most successful digital companies, the largest local ad network and a nationwide salesforce of thousands of media consultants as it expands its leadership in the mobile local advertising market.
"YP continues to be one of the leaders in the U.S. mobile advertising industry and makes strategic moves designed to put it in a strong position moving forward," said Karsten Weide, Program Vice President, Digital Media and Entertainment at IDC. "U.S. advertisers continue to invest more in mobile, with the market growing 88 percent in 2013 in advance of our projection that it will reach the $11.9 billion mark in 2014. The digital ad industry is turning its attention toward mobile as more consumers increasingly use their mobile devices for local information."
Expanding Mobile Capabilities for Businesses and Consumers
As more businesses seek to reach local consumers, YP has recently announced new services and partnerships to help businesses succeed in the mobile ecosystem, where nearly 1 billion local searches were conducted on mobile devices in 2013..
YP continues to expand its mobile advertising offerings by:
- Expanding engagement with consumers via mybook, a feature offering consumers the ability to organize their favorite local business contacts across any device.
- Offering online display advertising retargeting solutions, powered by DataXu, that allow advertisers and agencies to reach YP's proprietary audience across desktop, mobile, and social.
- Joining Google's AdWords Premier SMB Partner Program to assist small-and-medium-sized businesses (SMB) in creating, managing, and optimizing online and mobile ad campaigns.
- Using MacroSense® technology to make its data more actionable and to drive effectiveness of display ad campaigns, hyper-targeted to local audiences via mobile.
- Empowering YP Mobile Labs to take science-based approaches for solving significant mobile advertising challenges that face the industry today.
YP operates the largest local ad platform in the United States connecting consumers to businesses and helping local businesses and communities grow. YP's flagship consumer brands include the popular YP app and YP.com, which are used by nearly 80 million visitors each month in the U.S. (Internal Data, June 2014). YP solutions include websites, listings management, reputation monitoring, video ads, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, advertising on YP and the YP Local Ad Network, online display and mobile advertising, and advertising in The Real Yellow Pages® directory. YP solutions and services are backed by thousands of media consultants and customer service professionals in local markets across the U.S. with relationships spanning more than half a million advertisers. For more information on YP, visit us at http://corporate.yp.com. Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/YP and on Twitter: @YP.
 Source: IDC Insight: 2013 U.S. Mobile Advertising Market Sizing and Vendor Market Shares
 Based on internal YP data