GLENDALE, Calif., Oct. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Need an excuse to experience more? New local and seasonal tips shared weekly on AT&T Interactive's YP.com encourage users to live just a little bit more – even if it means a daredevil culinary adventure this Halloween. Through a new integration, those who want to treat their friends to these tips and tricks on YP.com can more easily share content and login with Facebook to write business reviews.
The addition of new consumer features, such as new local and seasonal tips featured on YP.com closely follows the introduction of the new YP(sm) brand and image-based homepage encouraging users to discover local businesses. This fall, the millions of consumers who rely on YP(sm) products to navigate their local lives can find local costume shops, make reservations for a devilish dinner or explore local events. Here are some tips to get them started:
Experience More – Let YP.com (sm) be the guide to seasonal and local tips to live more
- Daredevil Eats in Your Town: From fried scorpion toast to stir-fried crickets - who knew Halloween could be the perfect occasion for a culinary adventure (beyond candy corn). Dish up courage this October 31 (or any other day) and pay a visit to a local restaurant serving up scarily delicious dishes: Halloween food ideas. Prefer to stick to your favorites? Default to search for other top restaurants nearby.
- More Ways to Get in the Halloween Spirit: Movie-inspired costumes for kids, ghost-hunting destinations and do it yourself costumes for groups. Rely on YP(sm) products for last-minute party planning and local businesses that can help along the way: Halloween Inspiration.
- Free is Always in Style: Fall, winter or summer, access to free stuff is always relevant. Check out YP.com's list of top 10 free attractions across regions to live a little more....for free: Top 10 Free Attractions Across America .
Share More – Have a voice and stay connected, even on the go
- Easy login with Facebook: Whether users have a YP(sm) user name already or not, they can now login to YP.com with their Facebook login information. Ready to start? Register on YP.com.
- Share Your Thoughts: By claiming a YP(sm) user name, users can share their opinions on the best costume shops or dentist (post-candy overload) through user reviews. In fact, through Nov. 19, sharing can even lead to major prizes as part of the Review More. Win More. sweepstakes.
- Sharing editorial content: Love the top 10 list of movie-inspired costumes and photo galleries on YP.com? Users can now share editorial content featured on the YP.com homepage with just a couple clicks.
- Update a listing: Last year's Halloween pop-up store, moved again? Users who have a piece of handy information on a specific business are welcomed to update a listing by clicking "Add or edit this business information" on a business' profile page.
- Sharing on the Go: Write reviews and share businesses, events and more while on the go on YP apps across major mobile platforms.
- Local Deals: YP.com users can filter search results by "coupon" to find local businesses offering savings opportunities.
- Time is Money: With comprehensive business information including business video profiles, maps, directions and user reviews, save time by discovering local all from YP.com.
Keep tabs on the current YP(sm) ad campaign "Click Less. Live More (sm)" and YP(sm) products on YP on Facebook.
*AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
*Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc.
About AT&T Interactive
AT&T Interactive, a subsidiary of AT&T Inc, is an industry leader in creating local search products that encourage consumers to discover and engage with local businesses across three screens - online, mobile, and TV. YP.com, AT&T Interactive's flagship web property, attracts over 30 million monthly online unique visitors (1). YP.com is also accessed by millions of users each month via the mobile web. AT&T Interactive consumer apps have a pre-activation presence or have been downloaded through digital app stores on over 40 million mobile phones.(2)
AT&T Interactive's robust local ad network helps advertisers grow their business and distributes ads to a distinguished list of top publishers whose presence spans online, mobile and TV. AT&T Interactive's wide range of local ad products such as premium listings, performance-based advertising, and search engine marketing provides advertisers an opportunity to increase their presence among consumers who are looking for a local business.
AT&T Interactive products are supported by over 5,000 media consultants from the AT&T Advertising Solutions organization and other select resellers. To learn more visit AT&T Advertising Solutions.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. In 2010, AT&T again ranked among the 50 Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE® magazine.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at the AT&T Web Site. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at AT&T Newsroom, and as part of an RSS feed at AT&T RSS Feed. Or follow our news on Twitter @ATT. Find us on Facebook at the AT&T Facebook to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at AT&T Small Business Facebook to discover more about our small business services.
© 2010 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
(1) Source: AT&T Interactive internal data, 2010 YTD average through July
(2) Source: AT&T Mobility and AT&T Interactive internal data
SOURCE AT&T Inc.