ORLANDO, Fla., March 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- ShowStoppers CTIA -- Global Takeoff Inc., a leading global provider of converged digital entertainment and advertising solutions, today announced the YuppTV platform-as-a-service (PaaS) solution for content owners, broadcasters, telecom and mobile operators. YuppTV is a converged over-the-top (OTT) service that delivers live TV and video-on-demand over four screens – TVs, PCs, smartphones and internet tablets. For the first time, video content providers and operators have access to a turnkey, internet-based solution for distributing and monetizing live TV and on-demand video services - anywhere in the world.
"Today there is a lot of TV content that lacks wide cable distribution - such as local news and sports events, which are limited to regional areas and up-and-coming TV channels that either have little or sporadic distribution," said Uday Reddy, founder and CEO of Global Takeoff. "But content providers would like to expand the reach of these programs by leveraging internet technologies. At the same time, internet-savvy consumers are starting to expect the ability to have any TV and video content delivered to any internet-enabled screen - anywhere in the world. This trend has content providers and operators scrambling to find new internet-based solutions to distribute and monetize video globally. YuppTV offers a converged global video experience for content providers, operators and consumers alike."
The YuppTV platform enables broadcasters, telecom and mobile operators to deliver the same content over TVs, PCs, smartphones and other internet-enabled devices, without investing in multiple technologies. YuppTV is based on a unique turnkey platform-as-a-service model, which removes the video distribution capital and monetization responsibilities from content owners, content aggregators and operators.
"YuppTV can open up new markets," explained Reddy. "Many local TV stations want to extend the reach of their news, sports and entertainment content beyond regional boundaries and keep their audience informed and entertained while away from home. Telecom operators can use YuppTV to deliver live TV in regional areas where the copper 'last mile' is unable to deliver service. Movie producers who would like to release films online to avoid piracy can also benefit from distributing their content on YuppTV. YuppTV is a low-risk, high-value solution for tapping into these emerging markets."
The YuppTV PaaS is an end-to-end content delivery platform for managing live and network-based video-on-demand services. The platform includes the following capabilities:
- Live TV and on-demand video delivery up to 1 billion internet-enabled devices, including: desktop and laptop PCs (Windows, Macintosh), internet set top boxes (Roku, Boxee), smartphones (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Symbian, Windows), internet-enabled tablets (iPad/Android), gaming consoles through an application (XBOX, PS3, Wii) , iPod/iPod Touch and ConnectedTV (Samsung)
- Integrated billing and CRM system that produces instant content monetization through advertising and subscriptions
- Encoding transcoding, streaming and integration with internet-enabled devices
- Online daily reporting system producing customer profiles and subscriber management reports
- Adaptive bit-rate streaming adjusts to the bandwidth of the user, providing a buffer free experience
- DRM security and finger printing solution
- Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing
- Geo-blocking content tool
- Highly scalable and reliable architecture that can support up to 1 million live streams simultaneously
YuppTV.com launched in 2008 and quickly became one of the world's leading portals for Indian programs with distribution rights to more than 30 Indian TV channels. In 2010, YuppTV.com expanded the company's internet TV service to smartphones and Connected TVs. The service currently has one of the industry's highest content usage per subscriber.
About Global Takeoff
Global Takeoff is a leading global provider of converged digital entertainment and advertising solutions. The company's products provide a combination of technologies that enable consumers the convenience of a virtual home environment, companies with maximum global reach and content providers with ideal platforms and services to launch their content easily and economically. The company enables live TV and video on-demand to millions of internet-enabled devices across the globe. Founded in 2006, Global Takeoff is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with offices in India. For more information, visit www.globaltakeoff.com.
All trademarks and registered trademarks in this document are the properties of their respective owners.
SOURCE Global Takeoff