RACINE, Wis., March 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Life is hectic, and for those with a busy schedule, it's difficult to find the time to pack a quality lunch, let alone find the inspiration for a tasty meal. In fact, only 1 in 4 working Americans bring lunch to work every day*. In honor of National Pack Your Lunch Day, Ziploc® brand is on a mission to empower everyone with education, tips and tools so they can "Be a Lunch Bringer."
Pack a Lunch, Save a Bunch
According to a recent Ziploc® brand survey*, 93 percent of respondents believe that packing lunch is a great way to save money. Eating out adds up. Buying a $5 lunch a day can cost around $1,500 a year. In fact, 80 percent of respondents pack lunch more often when they are trying to save.
To help make packing lunch and saving money a little easier, Ziploc® brand is launching the "Be a Lunch Bringer" online money-saving tool. This interactive tool tracks the number of lunches bought, money saved, and shows how close the user is to their goal. Whether it's saving up for a new handbag or a dream vacation, the "Be A Lunch Bringer" tool helps make the goal a reality. It also offers tips and recipes that can be shared on social media to demonstrate the user's progress and encourage friends and family to join in.
Be a Lunch Bringer
In addition to the financial benefits of packing a lunch, Ziploc® brand recently discovered the following about working Americans:
- 75 percent believe that packing lunch makes their week less chaotic and more organized
- 91 percent agree that packing lunch is healthier than eating out
- 81 percent agree that packing a lunch helps them stick to their diet
- Respondents say that when they pack lunch they feel: practical (57 percent), responsible (54 percent), healthy (54 percent) and organized (42 percent)
Acknowledging this, why don't people always bring a lunch to work? Here are the top five reasons respondents say they don't pack lunch:
- They forget to pack a lunch ahead of time (40 percent)
- They don't have enough time to pack a lunch (35 percent)
- Going out to lunch is more fun than packing a lunch (28 percent)
- Their coworkers all go out to lunch, so they like to go with them to socialize (21 percent)
- The food they enjoy eating does not travel well (16 percent)
Regardless of the reason, one thing is clear: the benefits that come with "Being a Lunch Bringer" far outweigh any obstacles. To help get in the lunch-packing routine, try the Ziploc® brand "Be a Lunch Bringer" online money saving tool and for more product information, recipes and tips visit ziploc.com, facebook.com/ziploc, pinterest.com/ziplocofficial, youtube.com/ziploc and rightathome.com.
Ziploc® brand bags and containers provide smart, quality solutions that help you maximize your resources, and ultimately get more out of your everyday. From keeping food fresher, to organizing knickknacks, to protecting bulky items, Ziploc® brand products are the food and home storage solution families trust. Lunch Bringers can rely on Ziploc® brand's more than 20 products, available in grocery, mass merchandise and drug stores nationwide, to make bringing your lunch to work easy and chaos-free, including:
- Ziploc® brand Storage bags with Easy Open Tabs: Feature a pink-colored tab and are available in quart and gallon sizes.
- Ziploc® brand Sandwich and Snack bags with Easy Open Tabs: Feature a green-colored tab and sandwich bags are available in standard and extra-large sizes.
- Ziploc® brand Containers with One Press Seal: Designed to snap closed with one simple press on the lid, these containers also save space in your cabinets and your fridge.
- Ziploc® brand Container To Go Pack: Designed to snap closed with one simple press on the lid and with a space-saving design, this assortment of containers fit neatly inside your lunchbox and backpack. Available in small, medium and large sizes and feature square, rectangular and round formats. Includes 3 extra small square, 2 small rectangles, 1 small square and 1 medium square.
- Ziploc® brand Slider Storage Bags: Feature a slider closure that makes these bags easy to close and easy to open, and with an expandable bottom that makes them easier to stand & fill. Available in medium and large sizes.
- Ziploc® brand Freezer bags with Easy Open Tabs: Feature a blue-colored tab and are available in pint, quart and gallon sizes.
- Ziploc® brand Slider Freezer Bags: Feature a slider closure that makes these bags easy to close and easy to open, and with an expandable bottom that makes them easier to fill. Available in medium and large sizes.
*About the survey:
This survey was conducted within the U.S. by independent market research company, Edelman Berland, on behalf of Ziploc® brand from January 4-5, 2016. A 5-minute questionnaire was completed by 1,004 U.S. adults ages 18 and older who are employed either full-time or part-time. The margin of error for this sample is +/- 3.09% at the 95% confidence interval.
About SC Johnson
SC Johnson is a family company dedicated to innovative, high-quality products, excellence in the workplace and a long-term commitment to the environment and the communities in which it operates. Based in the USA, the company is one of the world's leading manufacturers of household cleaning products and products for home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care, as well as professional products. It markets such well-known brands as GLADE®, KIWI®, OFF!®, PLEDGE®, RAID®, SCRUBBING BUBBLES®, SHOUT®, WINDEX® and ZIPLOC® in the U.S. and beyond, with brands marketed outside the U.S. including AUTAN®, TANA®, BAMA®, BAYGON®, BRISE®, KABIKILLER®, KLEAR®, MR MUSCLE® and RIDSECT®. The 130-year-old company, which generates $10 billion in sales, employs approximately 13,000 people globally and sells products in virtually every country around the world. www.scjohnson.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ziploc-brand-empowers-everyone-to-be-a-lunch-bringer-300233759.html
SOURCE SC Johnson