EMERYVILLE, Calif., Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ZipRealty, Inc. (http://www.ziprealty.com) (NASDAQ: ZIPR), the nation's most prominent online technology-powered real estate brokerage firm and real estate marketing solutions provider, has released a list of the top 10 "booming" real estate markets with the best public schools. These metro areas are leaders in median home price growth as of mid-August 2013. The public schools were selected because of their high School Score − a proprietary measure of the performance of each school district on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest – found exclusively on ZipRealty.com.
Home buyers who are focused on moving to a specific school district can begin their search for a home on ZipRealty.com simply by entering that school district's name in the search bar. Additionally, users will find a School Score on every listing on ZipRealty.com. "Home values and school scores are always going to be linked," says ZipRealty President and CEO Lanny Baker. "In order to give our users the most complete picture of a home's value, we provide a School Score − which is calculated based on test-score data as well as student/teacher ratios − for every home listing on ZipRealty.com."
1. Sacramentohome prices increased 40% year-over-year to $245,000. Highest-Rated Public School 1) Rocklin Unified School District/School Score 8.5
2. San Francisco Bay Area home prices increased 36% year-over-year to $585,000. Highest-Rated Public School 1) Piedmont Unified School District/School Score 9.5
3. Las Vegashome prices increased 36% year-over-year to $165,000. Highest-Rated Public School 1) Clark County School District/School Score 5.5
4. Los Angeleshome prices increased 31% year-over-year to $350,000. Highest-Rated Public Schools 1) Manhattan Beach Unified School District/School Score 9.6 2) San Marino Unified School District/School Score 9.6
5. Orlando home prices increased 26% year-over-year to $144,900. Highest-Rated Public School 1) Seminole County Public School District/School Score 7.8
6. Phoenixhome prices increased 25% year-over-year to $188,000. Highest-Rated Public School 1) Cave Creek Unified School District 93/School Score 8.0
7. San Diegohome prices increased 25% year-over-year to $429,000. Highest-Rated Public School 1) Coronado Unified School District/School Score 8.6
8. Orange Countyhome prices increased 22% year-over-year to $531,500. Highest-Rated Public School 1) Irvine Unified School District/School Score 9.2
9. Chicago home prices increased 19%year-over-year to $202,000. Highest-Rated Public School 1) Geneva Community Unit School District 304/School Score 9.4
10. Portland home prices increased 14% year-over-year to $270,000. Highest-Rated Public School 1) Lake Oswego School District 7J/School Score 9.6
For a full copy of the report, including specific metro-level housing metrics, contact Stacey Corso at [email protected].
About ZipRealty, Inc. ZipRealty is a leading national real estate brokerage and provider of proprietary technology and comprehensive online marketing tools for the residential real estate brokerage industry. For home buyers and sellers who increasingly want control, choice and a seamless, customized service, ZipRealty offers Internet-enabled, state-of-the-art technology and complete access to accurate, timely information via their website and mobile applications, which real estate professionals can combine with their own local knowledge and personal expertise to offer an exceptional start-to-finish client experience. For real estate professionals who seek more productive ways to conduct business, ZipRealty provides technology and online marketing tools to enhance their online sales channel, including lead generation, conversion and service of their clients. ZipRealty's technology and online marketing products serve its full-service, owned-and-operated residential real estate brokerage business in 19 markets nationwide, as well as its Powered by Zip network of leading third-party local brokerages in 17 markets.