Zoosk's "National Lovers Day" Survey Reveals What It Takes To Have A Happy Relationship
22 Apr, 2013, 09:15 ET
SAN FRANCISCO, April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In celebration of "National Lovers Day" on April 23, 2013, Zoosk.com, the romantic social network, conducted a survey among more than 1,118 Americans who say they are in a happy, committed relationship to gather their thoughts on what it takes to have a successful partnership.
From the survey results emerged a variety of tips that offer an inside look at the formula for a happy relationship:
Share responsibilities. Nobody wears the pants in a happy relationship!
- 78% of happy couples share decision making evenly.
- 67% of happy couples manage finances together, instead of assigning it to one person.
- 66% of happy couples share household chores such as cooking, cleaning and laundry.
Have sex at least 2-3 times per week.
- 28% of Americans in happy relationships have sex at least 2-3 times per week.
- 16% have sex 4-6 times per week.
- 16% copulate every day.
Be affectionate, daily!
- 69% of happy couples kiss and show affection many times per day.
Don't tell "little white lies."
- 70% of Americans in happy relationships agree that it is not ok to tell "little white lies" to their partner to keep the peace.
Stay in shape.
- 74% of blissful lovers say it is important that their partner maintains a good physical appearance.
- 18% of respondents say that their partner's physical appearance is a main attraction.
Avoid political discussions.
- 37% of Americans in happy relationships never talk about politics and 47% do so only occasionally.
My God is your God.
- 71% of Americans in happy relationships share the same religious beliefs and traditions.
Dial up the dialog.
- 72% of happy couples have real conversations about life, work, and family on a regular basis.
Zoosk conducted the survey online in April 2013. The survey garnered 1,118 responses from Americans who said they are in a committed relationship.
Zoosk is the romantic social network that helps members create and share their romantic journeys, with millions of members from around the globe enjoying the service each month. Zoosk provides members at different stages of their romantic journey with a fun and social set of tools such as Romantic Moments, Couple Profiles, and the Personals application. Members can easily access Zoosk's services from its website, its Facebook app, mobile devices, and a downloadable desktop application. Zoosk is available in 25 languages and has members in more than 70 countries. Founded in 2007 by Shayan Zadeh and Alex Mehr, Zoosk, Inc. is based in San Francisco and backed by Canaan Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and ATA Ventures.
Share this article