Asia-Pacific is on track to become the largest adopter of 5G by 2025. When 5G is implemented, it is typical to focus on smart city applications. Mobile network operators must look at smart cities for initial volume to get 5G at the right price point for the mass market. 5G can address gaps within smart cities, which will open up opportunities for enterprises in terms of new services and business models.
Existing 3G/4G networks may not be able to handle the advanced technologies in use in smart cities. 5G can act as an enabler of smart nations as it can provide the necessary technical support that can boost the efficiency of select smart city projects. Smart city ecosystem applications can support the business case for 5G and drive the growth of 5G networks.
5G requires specific skillset capabilities; system integrators will play an important role in bringing together end-to-end solutions. Industry partnerships are also critical to the development of 5G in smart cities. As a result, 5G represents an opportunity not just for mobile network operators but also for third-party infrastructure providers and ecosystem partners.
The impact of 5G on businesses will depend on how industry ecosystem participants are able to leverage partnerships. From buildings managed by smartphones to self-sustainable elders, the future is what the industry will make of it. Bringing it all together through collaboration is now more feasible than ever.
The study also takes a deep dive into fintech services within smart cities. The publisher anticipates strong growth in B2C payments, especially across retail and transport. Security will be an area of key concern, and this will play a key role in shaping the payments landscape of the future.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary Key Findings
2. Market Overview Market Definitions
3. Smart Cities-Parameters and Applications Key Parameters That Will Define Smart Cities in 2025 and Beyond Variation in Rollout Timeline due to Application-related Complexities Benefits Drive Revenue, Boost Savings and Improve Quality of Life
4. 5G and Smart Cities in Asia-Pacific 5G-Timeline Updates Japan Perspective-5G and Smart Cities South Korea Perspective-5G and Smart Cities US Perspective-5G and Smart Cities Malaysia Perspective-5G and Smart Cities Implementation of Smart Cities - Malaysia versus Singapore
5. 5G Applications for Mobile Operators and Ecosystem Partners in Vertical Industries Growing Number of Smart Cities-Opportunity for 5G Smart City Applications in 5G Vertical Industry Trials 5G Applications in Smart Cities 5G as an Enabler of Smart Nations Smart City Gaps and Opportunities that 5G can Address
6. Deep Dive into Fintech Services within Smart Cities Impact of Fintech Innovation on Smart Cities Integrating Payments within Smart Cities 5G Applications in Smart Cities-Smart Homes 5G Applications in Smart Cities-Smart Mobility 5G Applications in Smart Cities-Smart F&B Kiosks 5G Applications in Smart Cities-Smart Healthcare 5G Applications in Smart Cities-Smart Retail Key Participants' Vision for Payments in Smart Cities
7. Future Outlook Future Outlook-Smart Cities with 5G Future Outlook-Payments within Smart Cities
8. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action Major Growth Opportunities for IoT in 5G and Smart Cities Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth