AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Sept. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
- All-new 2019 Ram 1500 delivers innovative, state-of-the-art technology with award-winning fourth-generation Uconnect system and class-exclusive, 12-inch reconfigurable touchscreen display
- All-new SiriusXM with 360L personalized listening experience with more variety, smart content, recommendations and thousands of hours of on-demand audio
- The most powerful audio system ever available in a pickup, Harman Kardon audio system with 19 premium speakers, 900-watt surround sound amplifier, 10-inch subwoofer and active noise cancelation
- 360-degree Surround View Camera with bird's-eye perspective of vehicle
- Multifunction USB ports and optional integrated wireless charging pad
- Available navigation system accommodates one-step, voice-controlled destination entry and enhanced 3-D navigation map graphics
The editors at WardsAuto have named the all-new 2019 Ram 1500 to the third annual Wards 10 Best User Experience List for 2018 as it continues to lead the way in technology, efficiency, durability and luxury with features never before offered in a pickup.
"The all-new 2019 Ram 1500 was designed to be the most technologically advanced pickup ever and we are honored that WardsAuto has chosen the Ram 1500 for Ward's 10 Best User Experience list," said Jim Morrison, Head of Ram Brand, FCA – North America. "We are dedicated to keeping Ram truck customers connected, engaged and informed all while keeping their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road."
To select the best of the best, WardsAuto editors evaluated the overall user experience of 25 vehicles, rating them on their user friendliness, infotainment features, sound systems, vehicle connectivity, driver assistance technology, information/displays, system compatibility, voice control, materials and overall value.
"The Ram 1500 earned Wards 10 Best Interiors honors earlier this year and now lands a Wards 10 Best UX trophy because its user experience is unparalleled among full-size pickup trucks," said Tom Murphy, WardsAuto managing editor. "A truck this size needs a big command center and Ram delivers with a 12-in. vertical touchscreen that seamlessly controls phone pairing, audio, climate adjustments and upgraded navigation."
The winners will be honored on October 2 at the WardsAuto User Experience at the Suburban Showplace in Novi, Michigan.
2019 Ram 1500
For 2019, all-new features, technology and premium materials help the completely redesigned Ram 1500 become the class leader in quality, comfort and durability. Each trim level is uniquely characterized including special fonts that reflect their individual charm.
The 2019 Ram 1500 features the first application of a bonded flush 12-inch reconfigurable touchscreen with tailor-made graphics for various Ram models and state-of-the-art connectivity. Personalization is made easy with the new split-screen, operating two different applications for desired configuration, such as Apple CarPlay and HVAC controls, or one application, such as navigation across the entire 12-inch touchscreen. Available for the first time on the all-new Ram 1500 is a 360-degree Surround View Camera system providing a birds-eye view via four cameras positioned around the vehicle to create a fully stitched image. Customers who prefer not to use the touchscreen for HVAC will find redundant controls located on both sides of the display for convenience.
Uconnect systems with the class-exclusive 12-inch display also feature the next level of audio entertainment with the first-time debut of the all-new SiriusXM with 360L, delivering a personalized listening experience with more variety, smart content recommendations and thousands of hours of on-demand audio content.
The all-new Ram truck offers a one-year SiriusXM All Access audio subscription, a one-year SiriusXM Guardian Connected Services subscription; 4G Wi-Fi hotspot capability with a 1 Gigabyte/three-month subscription and SiriusXM Travel Link and SiriusXM Traffic Plus that includes a five-year subscription.
To ensure that passengers remain conveniently connected, 2019 Ram 1500 owners can manage their personal device connectivity with a plethora of electronic charging options. Located in the reimagined center console, a wider docking area offers an all-new optional integrated wireless charging pad that can hug a small tablet or multiple smartphones. To keep devices charged, there are five USB ports (three are located in front of the center console and two are located in the back). Three of the USB ports are fully functioning and communicate with the Uconnect interface while the other two USB ports are charge only. Four of the five USB ports are new type C ports that allow devices to be charged up to four times faster than standard USB outlets.
About Ram Truck Brand
Since its launch as a stand-alone division in 2009, the Ram Truck brand has steadily emerged as an industry leader with trucks that are proven to last.
Creating a distinct identity for Ram trucks has allowed the brand to concentrate on core customers and the features they find valuable. Whether focusing on a family that uses a Ram 1500 day-in and day-out, a hard-working Ram 3500 Heavy Duty owner or a business that depends on its Ram ProMaster commercial van every day for deliveries, Ram has the truck market covered.
In order to be the best, it takes a commitment to innovation, capability, efficiency and durability. Ram Truck invests substantially in its products, infusing them with great looks, refined interiors, durable engines and exclusive features that further enhance their capabilities.
Ram continues to beat the competition in the most sought-after titles:
- Over the last 30 years, Ram has the highest percentage of pickups still on the road
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
- Highest Ram torque ever – 930 lb.-ft. with Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Highest 5th wheel towing capacity – 30,000 lbs. with Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Best-in-class fuel economy and longest range with exclusive EcoDiesel – 27 mpg with Ram 1500
- Best-in-class gas towing – 16,320 pounds with Ram 2500
- Highest snow plow rating – Ram 2500 and 3500
- Most luxurious trim available in pickups with Ram Tungsten Limited Edition
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
Truck customers, from half-ton to commercial, have a demanding range of needs and require their vehicles to provide high levels of capability. Ram trucks are designed to deliver a total package.
Follow Ram and FCA US news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.fcanorthamerica.com
Ram Truck brand: www.ramtrucks.com
Ram Zone blog: www.ramzone.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/RamTrucks and https://www.facebook.com/FiatChrysler.NorthAmerica/
Instagram: www.instagram.com/ramtrucks and www.instagram.com/FiatChrysler_NA
Twitter: www.twitter.com/RamTrucks and www.twitter.com/FiatChrysler_NA
YouTube: www.youtube.com/RamTrucks and www.youtube.com/fcanorthamerica
SOURCE FCA US LLC