SAN FRANCISCO, January 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The global amniotic membrane market size is expected to reach USD 5.81 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is estimated to witness a CAGR of 12.6% during the forecast period. Rise in trauma, burn cases and resulting surgeries along with increasing awareness regarding the benefits of these products are boosting the market growth. Rising number of cosmetic surgeries performed is also anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period. Amniotic membrane is also used in the treatment of a large number of ocular surface diseases as it protects surfaces from microbial colonization preventing the risk of infections.
Moreover, presence of growth factors including basic Fibroblast Growth Factor (bFGF), Transforming Growth Factors (TGFs), Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF), Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF), Nerve Growth Factor (NGF), and Keratinocyte Growth Factor (KGF) in amniotic membranes promote wound healing, accelerating its adoption globally. Thus, its benefits, such as anti-inflammatory properties, reduced fibrosis and scarring at the site of surgery, pain reduction, and wound healing properties, are also fueling the demand. These products are thus most commonly used in surgeries, treatment of venous, pressure, and diabetic foot ulcers, ophthalmology, and in the management of chronic wounds.
The American Association of Tissue Banks is a non-profit organization that regulates tissue donation in U.S. Presence of such tissue banks ensures zero disease transmission, which, in turn, propels market growth. Furthermore, a number of institutes are trying to introduce novel areas of applications for these products by focusing on the research activities in stem cell and regenerative medicines. This factor is also likely to support market expansion. The use of cryopreserved amniotic membrane is largely seen in hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs), and specialty clinics. Lyophylization of the tissue post donation preserves the histological and biological activity of the tissue facilitating faster wound recovery.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Amniotic Membrane Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By End Use (ASC, Hospital), By Enzyme (Dehydrated, Cryopreserved), By Application (Ophthalmology, Surgical Wounds), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/amniotic-membrane-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Cryopreserved is expected to be the dominant segment in future as it's highly effective and ensures preservation of histological and biological properties
- Surgical wounds segment is projected to witness high growth due to increasing usage of these products for surgical applications
- Specialty clinics are anticipated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to increasing number of cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries being performed
- North America is a leading regional market owing to presence of a large number of key companies and high incidence of chronic and infectious diseases
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to record the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to growing population and rising incidence of chronic diseases and burn injuries
- Major companies in the amniotic membrane market include Alliqua BioMedical Inc.; Amnio Technology, Applied Biologics LLC; Human Regenerative Technologies DermaSciences; Katena Products, MiMedx Group Inc.; and Skye Biologics, Inc.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Restorative Dentistry Market - The global restorative dentistry market size was valued at USD 14.59 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period.
- Ambulance Services Market - The global ambulance services market size was valued at USD 22.5 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.1% during the forecast period.
- Medical Tapes & Bandages Market - The global medical tapes & bandages market size was valued at USD 7.0 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.10% during the forecast period.
- Contrast Media Injectors Market - The global contrast media injectors market size was estimated at USD 882.1 million in 2016.
Grand View Research has segmented the global amniotic membrane market on the basis of enzyme, application, end use, and region:
- Amniotic Membrane Enzyme Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Cryopreserved Amniotic Membrane
- Dehydrated Amniotic Membrane
- Amniotic Membrane Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Surgical Wounds
- Amniotic Membrane End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs)
- Specialty Clinics
- Research and Academic Institutes
- Amniotic Membrane Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.