BOULDER, Colo., July 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Ello and iconic art publisher Arkitip have teamed up to showcase 40 brilliant artists who are currently sharing their work on Ello. To further promote some of the best and brightest Ello contributors, we are conducting an online juried art exhibition.
Ello members will be selected by jury of for the final online exhibition. The work of all 40 artists will then be turned into an offline, tactile issue edition of Arkitip - Here is what you have, this is what you hold, which will serve as the exhibition's catalog and will be distributed through Arkitip's normal channels worldwide.
HOW TO ENTER
- Post three original images (photos, illustrations, designs, paintings, sculptures, installations, GIFs, etc.) on your Ello account that best exemplify your artwork.
- Post all three images as one post and tag @arkitipxello.
- Include your full name and a link to your website or portfolio in the post.
July 25 to August 12, 2016, midnight MST.
- 40 artists will be selected to appear in a exhibition online at Ello and an Arkitip printed issue edition.
- 4 artists will be recognized by the jury with $1,000 art grants.
- 4 artists will be awarded $500 community art grants as voted on through the most loves from the Ello community.
PROCESS & JURORS
Arkitip founder Scott A. Sant'Angelo will curate and catalog initial entries. Jurors will select the final winners.
- Scott A. Sant'Angelo is the founder and curator for Arkitip which oversees many diverse creative endeavors including; the publication of a limited-edition, hand-numbered art magazine, artist's prints, books, multiples, clothing, accessories, and the occasional recording. http://arkitip.com
- Aaron Rose is a film director, art show curator, writer and was the owner and director of Alleged Gallery which had branches in New York City and Tokyo. http://www.aaronrose.co
- Sarah Lerfel is the creative director and buyer for pioneering chic Parisian boutique Colette on Rue St. Honoré. http://www.colette.fr
- Damon Way is a designer, brand marketer, entrepreneur, and the co-founder of DC Shoes. He was the former Chief Brand Officer for Incase and has most recently founded FACT. http://www.factbrand.com
- Karl-Oskar Olsen and Brian SS Jensen are the founders and directors of Wood Wood, a design and clothing brand with retail with locations in Copenhagen, Aarhus and Berlin. http://www.woodwood.com
- Karine Chane Yin is the co-founder, editor and publisher of ad-free, slow fashion magazine SPOON Magazine and a renowned stylist. https://www.spoon-publishing.com
Ello staff will contact the winners.
This is a great opportunity to get recognition for your work. If you are not an Ello member, we suggest you become one and get your best work entered, straightaway. The open call will last until August 12, 2016, midnight MST.
We look forward to seeing your work. Thank you for your interest.
About Ello - www.ello.co
Ello is the Creators Network. Launched in Fall 2014 by creators, for creators, Ello is the only online community specifically designed and developed for the world's artists, photographers, designers, illustrators, GIF makers, architects, etc. to discover, share, discuss, publish and promote their work, and the work and ideas of others that they love. Ello is available on Android, iOs and the web.
About Arkitip - www.arkitip.com
Founded in 1999, Arkitip challenged the notions of art and affordability. Each issue is like an original piece of art in and of itself. The magazine's founding principles remain as they were when it began:
- Support the arts
- Promote freedom of expression
- Make art affordable and accessible
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/another-great-opportunity-from-the-creators-network-300306390.html