DUBLIN, Nov. 30, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Marine Electric Vehicle Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global marine electric vehicle market grew at a CAGR of around 8% during 2015-2020. Looking forward, the global marine electric vehicle market is projected to exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
A significant shift in preferences from diesel-powered to hybrid electric boats is positively influencing the sales of marine EVs for both commercial and recreational purposes.
Due to the escalating demand for shipping and rising environmental concerns, there is an increase in the need for low and zero-emission vessels (ZEVs). This, in confluence with the emerging trend of digitalization and automation and the depletion of fossil fuels, represents one of the key factors bolstering the growth of the marine EV market.
Additionally, the inflating disposable incomes are promoting the sales of seagoing enclosed yachts, ferries, workboats, personal submarines, scuba sea scooters and autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs). This is also supported by the burgeoning travel and tourism sector, which is increasing the adoption of surface boats for leisure and recreational activities.
Apart from this, the electric unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs) are gaining traction in the oil and gas industry for offshore hydrocarbon extraction, detailed mapping of the ocean floor and scientific research. They can be integrated with high-definition (HD) cameras that transmit data to allow the inspection of the underwater environment efficiently.
The report provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global marine electric vehicle market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2021-2026. The report has categorized the market based on region, vehicle type, propulsion type and application.
Breakup by Vehicle Type
- Military Vehicles
- Work Boats
- Leisure & Tourist Surface Boats
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicles
Breakup by Propulsion Type
- Battery Electric Vehicles
- Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles
Breakup by Application
- On-Water Applications
- Underwater Applications
Breakup by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being:
- Andaman Boatyard
- Boesch Motorboote AG
- Corvus Energy Ltd.
- Duffy Electric Boat Co.
- Electrovaya Inc.
- Ruban Bleu
- Saft Groupe SA (Total SE)
- The Boeing Company
- Torqeedo GmbH
- Triton Submarines LLC
- Wartsila Oyj Abp
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- How has the global marine electric vehicle market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global marine electric vehicle market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vehicle type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the propulsion type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global marine electric vehicle market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/r99hjq
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets