SAN FRANCISCO, January 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global ballistic protective equipment market is anticipated to reach USD 5.75 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing tensions between nations and across borders have heightened the demand for ballistic protection products like headgear, bulletproof vests, shields, armored car, eyewear, and missiles among different end-users.
Technological proliferation is pivotal in the industry, and the market is witnessing a high demand for innovative gears such as DEFCON, liquid body armor, and dragon skin. Furthermore, the escalating need for ensuring the safety of soldiers and military personnel is leading to a large-scale procurement of armor wear by government agencies.
A rise in military conflict is increasing the need for protective gear for safeguarding the armed forces mainly in the emerging economies such as China and India. These military super powers are continuously focusing on the replacement of the legacy military product and also consequently rising their spending in the defense sector. Such modernization activities are creating tremendous opportunities for expansion of ballistic protective equipment market.
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) products are anticipated to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period at a CAGR of 4.6% over the next nine years. Several government initiatives are encouraging the usage of such lightweight and durable materials for developing ballistic suits, which are anticipated to increase the UHMWPE material demand over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Ballistic Protective Equipment Market Analysis By Material (Aramid, Composites, UHMWPE, Steel), By Product (Head Protection, Soft Armor, Hard Armor), By End-use (Defense, Commercial, Law Enforcement & Safety), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/ballistic-protective-equipment-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Head protection gear is anticipated to emerge as the fastest growing end-use and is expected to reach USD 1,449 million by 2025
- North America emerged as the leading regional segment and accounted for 38.1% of the total revenue share in 2015
- Europe was the second major consumer globally. Russia, France, UK, Italy, and Germany were key demand centers primarily due to a significant chunk of defense spending centered towards advanced military protective gears. Russia dominated the regional demand accounting for over 22% of the revenue generated in Europe in 2015
- China demand for aramid fiber-based armor wear was valued at USD 42.7 million in 2015 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2016 to 2025 to reach a net worth exceeding USD 77 million by 2025
- Major players operating in the global ballistic protective equipment market include MKU, 3M Company, BAE Systems Plc, EnGarde, PSP, Inc., and Tencate
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Chemical Protective Clothing Market- http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/chemical-protective-clothing-market
- Ballistic Protection Market- http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/ballistic-protection-market
- Sulfur Dyes Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/sulfur-dyes-market
Grand View Research has segmented the global ballistic protective equipment market on the basis of raw material, product, end-use and region:
- Ballistic Protective Equipment Raw Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Ballistic Protective Equipment Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Head Protection
- Soft Armor
- Hard Armor
- Ballistic Protective Equipment End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Law enforcement & security
- Ballistic Protective Equipment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Republic of Macedonia
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.