CAMPBELL, Calif., Jan. 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA) -
- Barracuda introduced its new Barracuda Essentials for Office 365, a suite of cloud services designed to assist customers looking for additional layers of security, archiving, and data protection for their Office 365 environments.
- Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 is an easy-to-deploy and manage suite of cloud services that expands on the security and data protection functionality in Office 365 and includes three of Barracuda's cloud technology solutions – Barracuda Email Security Service, Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service, and Barracuda Cloud Backup.
- Barracuda also reported findings from a recent survey addressing customer plans and requirements for moving to, and operating in, Office 365. The survey was conducted by TechValidate as part of Barracuda's Microsoft Office 365 strategic initiative (http://cuda.co/15833).
Barracuda today announced Barracuda Essentials for Office 365, a suite of cloud services designed to help organizations expand on the security and data protection functionality in Office 365. Barracuda Essentials combines three of Barracuda's innovative cloud technology solutions – Barracuda Email Security Service, Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service, and Barracuda Cloud Backup – into an easy-to-deploy and manage suite of cloud services with simple per-user licensing. In a survey by TechValidate focused on customer Office 365 migration and deployment plans, the majority of respondents, 72 percent, reported concerns about, or have not considered, whether the security, compliance and backup features in Office 365 meet the needs of their organizations.
"Microsoft and Barracuda have worked closely together for a number of years to help customers simplify and secure cloud migrations, particularly in the case of Office 365 and Azure. Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 is the result of our experience and expertise in protecting Microsoft environments and aims to help customers transition to Office 365 as easily as possible," explained Michael Hughes, SVP Worldwide Sales, Barracuda. "Thousands of businesses are moving to Office 365 to reduce costs, increase accessibility for their employees, and simplify their technology environment. Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 combines the security, archiving, and backup and recovery tools these users need for successful Office 365 deployments."
Using Barracuda Essentials, IT administrators can extend the visibility and control across their organizations' information with an easy-to-deploy suite of cloud services that combines critical multi-layer security, archiving and backup functionality. Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 includes:
- Cloud-based Email Security – Extends security protection for Office 365 Exchange Online with additional granular controls, as well as multi-layer security against email-born threats and data leaks with encryption, data loss protection, and content inspection of all emails.
- Cloud-based Archiving – Assists organizations with compliance retention and eDiscovery requests effectively and easily when used with Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office 365, and other on-premises, cloud or hybrid environments. The Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service offers productivity features, including mobile applications for end users to access, search, and retrieve email at any time from any device.
- Cloud-based Backup and Recovery – Provides IT administrators with real-time backup that can simplify the process of recovering accidentally or intentionally deleted emails and files in Office 365.
TechValidate, an independent research organization, conducted a survey of Barracuda customers in December 2015 and January 2016. The survey revealed that many customers are evaluating the need to add multiple layers of protection to Office 365, including expanded security, archiving and compliance functionality. As stated above, 72 percent of respondents reported having concerns about, or have not considered, whether the security, compliance and backup features in their Office 365 subscriptions meet the needs of their organizations.1
"When Summit Truck Group began the transition to Office 365, we enabled the built-in email security, Exchange Online Protection, but soon found that we needed even more granular controls for our various locations. After careful consideration, we decided to add a dedicated cloud-based email security solution and selected Barracuda," explained Michael Norton, VP Technology, Summit Truck Group. "Barracuda Email Security Service, which is offered as part of the Barracuda Essentials for Office 365, provides robust email filtering that eliminates junk and reduces the number of false positives, and includes straightforward, easy management capabilities."
"Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 complements Office 365's productivity features that enable end users to work faster and smarter," continued Hughes. "Barracuda continues to invest in technology and processes to support cloud operations, including an Office 365 program team that works closely with customers as they migrate to the cloud. Customers have trusted Barracuda to protect their on-premises email for more than a decade, and they can trust us to provide the same protection for their email as they shift to the cloud."
Pricing and Availability Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 is available today and includes simple per user licensing available at $5.00 USD per user, per month or less. For more information, please visit http://cuda.co/essentials.
Barracuda's Office 365 Strategic Initiative – Simplified IT Barracuda offers a series of end-user educational events, both online and in person, with various channel partners focused on helping customers leverage cloud efficiencies securely and cost effectively. Barracuda Essentials for Office 365, together with Barracuda NextGen Firewalls and Barracuda PST migration products, provide a robust suite to assist organizations moving to an Office 365 environment. For additional information please visit, http://cuda.co/o365program.
1Survey: Barracuda Customer Survey, TechValidate, December 2015 - January 2016. TVID: 93D-D21-0DF
Blog: Looking for additional security and data protection functionality in your Office 365 environment? You're not alone, but there are great options now available - http://cuda.co/15870
Education: Barracuda's Office 365 Webinar Series and RSS - http://cuda.co/o365
Whitepaper: Best Practices for Migrating to Office 365, An Osterman Research White Paper, April 2015 - http://cuda.co/o365osterman
About Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA) Barracuda (NYSE: CUDA) provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda's customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the potential benefits and functionality of Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 solution. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company's control and that could cause the Company's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company's business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company's products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.
SOURCE Barracuda Networks, Inc.