Press Release Highlights:
- Barracuda has been ranked the number one in integrated purpose built backup appliance (PBBA) units shipped worldwide in IDC's Worldwide PBBA Tracker for C1Q15.
- Barracuda has led integrated PBBA units shipped for 13 consecutive quarters.
- Barracuda Backup now includes the ability to export data to external disk or tape, restore physical backups onto virtual servers, and adds SaaS Cloud-to-Cloud Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
Barracuda, a leading provider of cloud-connected security and storage solutions, today announced that it has been ranked number one in integrated purpose built backup appliance (PBBA) units shipped worldwide with 40.7 percent market share for C1Q15 as reported by the IDC Worldwide Quarterly Purpose Built Backup Appliance (PBBA) Tracker.
"By moving away from legacy backup solutions and adopting Barracuda's integrated backup appliance, we were able to meet all of our data protection requirements — while reducing costs, and cutting management time," said Bradley Burns, Director of IT, Eleven Inc. "Because our data is backed up with Barracuda Backup, I am confident that backup windows are met, and data is protected through offsite replication to the Barracuda Cloud."
Customers who choose Barracuda for backup for data protection now have even more flexibility to back up their data in a way that makes the most sense for their business. Recently added features include:
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Backup - Barracuda's new Cloud-to-Cloud Backup currently supports Microsoft Office 365 including Exchange Online and OneDrive for Business. IT administrators concerned about protecting Microsoft Office 365 environments will be able to replicate data over a secure connection to be stored in Barracuda Cloud Storage.
- Flexible Options for Long-Term Data Retention - Barracuda Backup is extending its functionality to include export options for historical revisions to external media such as disk or tape.
- Physical-to-Virtual Portability - Barracuda Backup's innovative LiveBoot feature provides a rapid recovery option for virtual environments during disasters and now adds physical-to-virtual (P2V) portability.
"With our recent announcement of Barracuda Backup 6.1, we've added flexibility that allows our customers to continue to backup data in a way that makes the most sense for their business," said Rod Mathews, GM Storage, Barracuda. "By providing functionality to backup applications like Office 365 directly to the cloud or the ability to export data onto disk or tape, means that we can service customers at completely different ends of the spectrum."
To learn more about Barracuda Backup, please visit: http://cuda.co/bkup.
To learn more about Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup, please visit: http://cuda.co/direct2cloud.
IDC Worldwide Quarterly Purpose Built Backup Appliance Tracker, CQ1, June 2015.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA)
Barracuda provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use, and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud, and hybrid deployments. Barracuda's customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit www.barracuda.com.
Barracuda, Barracuda Networks, and the Barracuda Networks logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the U.S. or other regions.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the functionality, performance, and benefits of Barracuda Backup products in Azure. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company's control and that could cause the Company's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company's business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company's products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.
SOURCE Barracuda Networks, Inc.