CAMPBELL, Calif., Dec. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA),
Press Release Highlights:
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall and Barracuda NG Firewall are now available in the new Microsoft Azure Government, a government-community cloud designed to support strategic government scenarios that require speed, scale, security, compliance, and economics for U.S. government organizations.
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall provides advanced threat protection, automated provisioning and configuration, and Azure Active Directory integration for customers deploying applications on Azure.
- Barracuda NG Firewall delivers next-generation firewalling capabilities and high-speed (>1Gbps) site-to-site remote access to Azure, and enables government agencies to deploy securely interconnected multi-zone network architectures.
According to Gartner1, governments continue to face pressures to reduce costs and operate more effectively and efficiently, while accommodating a changing demographic landscape and high expectations. This, in turn, is leading to the adoption of more solutions being bought outside of the control of the ever-pressed IT department, and cloud computing and SaaS are fueling this growth. Azure Government delivers a nationwide cloud-based solution designed specifically to support strategic and utility based scenarios for U.S. government organizations including the Department of Defense, federal, state, and local governments.
"Government agencies are under the same push to reduce time and costs associated with bringing applications online, and at the same time must adhere to a strict set of security and compliance requirements," said Michael Hughes, SVP Worldwide Sales at Barracuda. "Integrating Barracuda's security products into Microsoft Azure Government simplifies this process for those customers and offers a dynamic, elastic infrastructure that scales with government agency needs."
"Azure Government addresses stringent government security and compliance requirements, with true geographic redundancy and network and data center isolation," said Chris Niehaus, Sr. Director, National Cloud Programs, Microsoft. "Barracuda was one of the first security providers on Azure and has a true understanding of the customer requirements and deployment scenarios. We are excited to have Barracuda extend the company's security portfolio to our government customers."
Security and DDoS Protection Against Application-Layer Attacks The Barracuda Web Application Firewall is available to government agencies looking to protect web applications or workloads deployed on Azure. With predefined security templates for web applications and third-party packaged applications like Microsoft SharePoint, organizations have access to total threat protection for web applications with no need to learn, configure, and manage complex technology. Highlights include:
- Application Security and DDoS Protection: Provides targeted and automated attack protection against SQL Injection, XSS, CSRF, DDoS and Botnet attacks, as well as more sophisticated attack prevention mechanisms such as URL encryption, XML firewall, vulnerability scanner integration, and security templates for apps like Exchange and Sharepoint. Also enforces compliance and identity management via two-factor authentication with LDAP and RSA SecurID/Radius, IP Reputation and CAPTCHA.
- Automated Provisioning: Includes automated provisioning with a robust set of functionality accessible through the RESTful API interface, enabling customers to leverage tools like Systems Center and Powershell.
- Simplified Authentication and Access: Provides customers with an easy and secure migration path to Azure that enforces authentication before allowing access to an application. Barracuda Web Application Firewall is the first infrastructure provider to offer this functionality on Azure.
Secure Remote Access for Internal Applications and Workloads The Barracuda NG Firewall delivers next-generation firewalling capabilities and high-speed (>1 Gbps) site-to-site remote access from on-premises networks to Azure or Vnets within Azure, and enables government agencies to deploy securely interconnected multi-zone network architectures. Highlights include:
- Simplified Migration to Cloud: Enables customers to simplify physical data center migration – including easy Lift & Shift for new applications – with multi-tier architectures, while providing high-performance connectivity to Azure from branch offices and client devices.
- High Performance and Availability: Allows traffic prioritization, Quality of Service, reliability and redundancy to increase traffic visibility and control, and for high performance and availability.
- Comprehensive Management: Provides centralized management capabilities to customers' network infrastructure with low management overhead – including centralized management for physical and cloud deployments.
Barracuda Total Threat Protection Barracuda Web Application Firewall and Barracuda NG Firewall are both part of the Barracuda Total Threat Protection initiative, which is aimed at providing powerful, integrated security protection across multiple threat vectors at an affordable cost. Barracuda Total Threat Protection is designed to protect multiple threat vectors including email, web applications, remote access, web browsing by network users, mobile Internet access, and the network perimeter itself. It includes the combination of award-winning security solutions, a common management interface, a single point of support, and affordability. For additional information on Barracuda Total Threat Protection, visit http://cuda.co/ttp.
Pricing and Availability Barracuda Web Application Firewall for Azure is available today in the Azure Government Image Gallery. Bring Your Own License one-year subscriptions start at U.S. list price $5,199 USD.
Barracuda NG Firewall for Azure is available today in the Azure Government Image Gallery. Bring Your Own License one-year subscriptions start at U.S. list price $1,599 USD.
International pricing and availability vary based on region.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA)
Barracuda (NYSE: CUDA) provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda's customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
Barracuda, Barracuda Networks, and the Barracuda Networks logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the U.S. or other regions.
FOOTNOTES: 1 – GARTNER; Predicts 2015: Government Adapts to the Digital Era, 25 November 2014, Rick Howard, Glenn Archer, Neville Cannon, Jeff Vining.
Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the availability and functionality and performance of Barracuda products on Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Azure Government. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company's control and that could cause the Company's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company's business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company's products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.
SOURCE Barracuda Networks, Inc.