SAN FRANCISCO, August 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The biosimulation market is expected to reach USD 3.77 billion by 2024, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The unprecedented global shift in the adoption of unhealthy lifestyles is resulting in the high prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cancer and diabetes, is expected to drive the biosimulation market during the forecast period. In addition, the rising geriatric population base highly susceptible to acquire the aforementioned chronic diseases result in enhanced demand for highly efficacious pharmacological drugs. This high requirement of efficacious drugs can be effectively met at a faster rate through the incorporation of the in silico approach, thus creating a high potential for biosimulation market growth opportunities in the future. Furthermore, increasing drug resistance, high drug failure rate, and availability of limited drugs to treat several diseasessuch as AIDS, pneumonia, tuberculosis, and others indicate the indisputable requirement for the incorporation of biosimulation in the drug discovery and development process. The widespread application of the in silico approach to developing efficacious drugs would generate drugs of greater potency in the market within a shorter span.
The increasing demand can be attributed primarily to the significant cost reduction in the clinical trials and drug development & discovery process. This is due to the fact that the in silico software can predict adverse reactions, toxicity, and efficacy of the drugsin the early stages of the drug development, thereby reducing the probability of drug failure at the later stages and consequentially, control the overall expenditure. These above-mentioned factors serve as key reasons responsiblefor the heightened market demand.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Biosimulation Market Analysis By Product (Software, Services, In-house Services, Contract Services), By Application (Drug Development, Drug Discovery), By End-use (Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, CROs, Regulatory Authorities, Academic Research Institutions) And Segment Forecasts To 2024" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biosimulation-industry
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The services segment is expected to exhibit growth at a significant CAGR of over 16.0% during the forecast period. This is a consequence of rising inclination of the big pharmaceutical companies to outsource their biosimulation process so as to reduce the overall cost incurred in research and development and divert its focus toward their core capabilities.
- The drug discovery segment is anticipated to witness an exponential CAGR of over 15.0% in the application segment. Associated benefits of biosimulation in drug discovery are anticipated to fuel the demand over the forecast period. These benefits include the elimination of potential drug failures, predict unfavorable drug interactions, and anticipate potential risks.
- In addition to these, certain other advantages include increased drug efficacy through the evaluation of optimal synergistic combinations, enable study of the mechanistic actions of drugs, and identification ofthe most suitable dosage forms, which render the drug discovery segment a profitable zone.
- In 2015, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies held a substantial share of this vertical of over 58.0% in 2015. This can be attributed to the consistent efforts of these companies to develop better medication options at a faster and cheaper rate through in silico biology techniques.
- Likewise, the academic research applications are presumed to witness constant growth as a consequence of the presence of various academic research groups that are involved in the study of complex biological systems using computer models, such as by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK).
- In 2015, North America dominated the overall biosimulation marketat over 50.0%. The presence of regulatory authorities, consistently inclined towards ensuring patient safety, is a crucial factor presumed to be responsible for the dominant market share ofthis region. Moreover, the presence of highly skilled professionals also serves as a significant growth driver.
- The numerous collaborations amongst the leading playersthat are being undertaken to promote the incorporation of biosimulation systems are expected to be responsible for bolstering the growth inthis region. For instance, Entelos, Inc. collaborated with Bayer AG to develop novel gene-based drug targets and also with Johnson & Johnson, Inc. to optimize clinical trial designs through in silico models.
- Some of the leading players in this industry include Certara USA, Inc., Simulation Plus, Inc., Dassault Systems SA, Rhenovia Pharma Ltd., and Evidera, Inc. These players are actively involved in initiating collaborative strategies and frequent product launches to capture a larger share of the vertical.For instance, In April 2016, Simulation Plus, Inc. launched the DDDPlus Version 5.0, invitro dissolution experiment software. This upgraded version includes improvements in functionalities of the software that enable scientists and researchers to study the behavior of different pharmaceutical dosage forms.
Grand View Research has segmented the biosimulation market on the basis of product, application, enduse and region:
- Global Biosimulation Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- In-house Services
- Contract Services
- Global Biosimulation Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Drug Development
- Drug Discovery
- Global Biosimulation End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Regulatory Authorities
- Academic Research Institutions
- Biosimulation Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Pneumonia Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/pneumonia-market
- High Content Screening Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/high-content-screening-market
- Pulmonary Drug Delivery Systems Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/pulmonary-drug-delivery-systems-market
- Spinal Non Fusion Technologies Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/spinal-non-fusion-technologies-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.