LURAY, Va., Nov. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc. (OTCQB: BRBS) and its wholly-owned bank subsidiary Blue Ridge Bank appointed Mensel D. Dean, Jr. a Director Nov. 19.
Dean is a certified public accountant and a partner at PBMares, LLP. He has served clients in numerous industries in public accounting for more than 45 years. Dean also brings prior experience as a bank director for the former Rockingham Heritage Bank and Premier Community Bankshares, Inc.
"The addition of Mr. Dean to our Board of Directors means a tremendous amount to our company," said Blue Ridge Bank President and CEO Monte L. Layman. "We are committed to growing and expanding the bank's presence in the Harrisonburg and Rockingham markets, and quite frankly there are few people as known and respected in the Shenandoah Valley business community as Mensel Dean. His selection as a Super CPA every year of the award's existence speaks to the respect he carries. We know that he will be an immeasurable asset for strategic input, corporate governance and business growth."
Dean has a long history of distinguished service and recognition, including but not limited to:
- Veteran of the United States Army
- Member of the Board of Trustees at Bridgewater College
- Member of the Board of Directors at Sentara RMH Medical Center
- Super CPA, awarded by Virginia Business and the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (13 consecutive years)
- 2005 "Veteran of the Year," awarded by the Virginia Small Business Development Center Network
- Former member of the Committee to Study State and Local Taxation in the 21st Century, appointed by the Virginia House of Delegates
- Former member of the Local Government Specification Team, selected by the Auditor of Public Accounts of the Commonwealth of Virginia
"I am excited about the opportunity to join the Board of Directors of Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc. and Blue Ridge Bank," said Dean. "The bank is celebrating its 120th anniversary this year, but it continues to maintain a healthy vision of growth and personal service to shape its future and improve the communities in which it operates. I look forward to contributing what I can to help the bank continue to serve its communities and customers with modern, convenient and flexible financial solutions."
Dean lives in Bridgewater, Va. with his wife Linda. They have two children and two grandchildren.
About Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc.
Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc. is single-bank holding company headquartered in Luray, Va. Chartered in 1893 as the Page Valley Bank of Virginia, today Blue Ridge Bank has additional branches in Shenandoah, McGaheysville and Charlottesville. Celebrating its 120th year as a locally owned, independent community bank, Blue Ridge Bank provides a wide range of financial services. Visit www.mybrb.com for more information.
Brian K. Plum
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
SOURCE Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc.