SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 1, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global burn care centers market size is expected to reach USD 23.1 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.2% from 2020 to 2027. An increase in the prevalence of burn-related injuries, the emergence of cost-effective treatments, and the presence of favorable reimbursement policies by regional governments, such as the U.S. government covering approximately 70% to 100% of the overall treatment cost, are the key factors contributing to the market growth. A rapid shift in preference for specialized care offered within specialized burn centers has been witnessed over in-hospital facilities due to the high-quality patient care provided by these standalone facilities. This is another major factor positively impacting the market growth. Amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, burn care facilities are struggling hard to maintain a balance between their contributions to the pandemic response and upholding the ongoing burn care in an ethical and safe manner.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The in-hospital segment emerged as the largest facility type segment in 2019 with a revenue share of 52.6%
- By burn severity, partial-thickness burns accounted for the largest revenue share in 2019. The full-thickness burns segment is projected to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period
- Wound debridement emerged as the leading treatment type segment in 2019. The OTC pain medications and bandages segment, followed by skin graft, is expected to register a significant growth rate over the forecast period
- North America accounted for the largest share in 2019 due to the increasing presence of burn care centers in the region, along with an increase in the number of burn-related ED visits
Read 150 page research report with ToC on "Burn Care Centers Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Facility Type (In-hospital, Standalone), By Treatment Type, By Burn Severity, By Service Type, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/burn-care-centers-market
Furthermore, the availability of intensive care units is increasing in standalone facilities to manage long-term care for burn victims unlike in hospitals, where emergency admissions pose a challenge for hospitals as they lack in managing long-term hospital stays. This is expected to increase the adoption of specialized care treatment provided by burn centers over-generalized care offered by hospitals. As per the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2017, approximately 96.0% of the fatal burns associated with fire occurred in low and middle-income countries. The growing incidence of burn injuries resulting from fires and the increase in mortality rate with an estimated 265,000 burn-related deaths occurring every year are boosting the demand for specialized care for burn victims.
The introduction of advanced burn treatment options, such as skin graft, wound debridement, and reconstructive surgery, is expected to increase market growth in the forecast years. Moreover, growing awareness initiatives by government organizations such as the WHO and nonprofit organizations including the American Burn Association (ABA) have contributed majorly to the growth. For instance, the WHO signed a collaborative agreement with the "International Society for Burn Injuries" aiming to improve patient care provided by healthcare facilities and prevent the growing incidence of burn injuries at the global level.
Grand View Research has segmented the global burn care centers market on the basis of facility type, treatment type, burn severity, service type, and region:
- Burn Care Centers Facility Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Burn Care Centers Treatment Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Wound Debridement
- Skin Graft
- Traction, Splints, Wound Care
- Respiratory Intubation and Ventilation
- OTC Pain Medications and Bandages
- Blood Transfusion
- Prophylactic Vaccinations and Inoculations
- Burn Care Centers Burn Severity Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Minor Burns
- Partial Thickness Burns
- Full Thickness Burns
- Burn Care Centers Service Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Burn Care Centers Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- The U.S.
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Burn Care Centers Market
- Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America
- Pediatric Burn Care Center (The General Hospital Corporation)
- University of Rochester Medical Center
- National Burn Center (India)
- Chelsea & Westminster Hospital
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- The MetroHealth System
- University of Washington Regional Burn Center
Find more research reports on Clinical Diagnostics Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Heart Failure POC & LOC Devices Market – Heart failure POC & LOC devices market size was estimated at 45.4 million in 2018 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 16.2% during the forecast period.
- Zika Virus Testing Market – The global zika virus Testing market size was valued at USD 131.9 million in 2016. It is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 7.6% over the forecast period.
- Breast Cancer Diagnostics Market – The global breast cancer diagnostics market size was valued at USD 4.64 billion in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 7.7% over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.