SAN FRANCISCO, April 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global cell culture protein surface coating market is expected to reach a value of USD 1.3 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing focus on stem cell research and development is the most substantial factor that drives the market growth during the forecast period. Stem cell therapy is the most promising method to treat severe medical conditions such as cardiovascular disease, brain disease, cell deficiency therapy, and blood disease. Thus, the biotechnology companies and research laboratories are adopting innovative protein surface coating products for the development of stem cells.
Rising demand for biopharmaceutical products including antibodies, vaccines, proteins, and drugs is another major factor driving the growth of the cell culture protein surface coating market. The production of biopharmaceutical products such as monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins is carried out by using cell culture technique. The protein surface coating provides improved adhesion and proliferation of cells in vitro. Thus, the demand of cell culture protein surface coating is growing at a high rate, which is estimated to drive the growth of this sector.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Cell Culture Protein Surface Coating Market Analysis By Coating Type (Self-Coating, Precoating [Multiwall/Microwell Plates, Petri Dishes, Flasks, Slides, Cover Slips]), By Protein Source (Plant, Animal, Human, Synthetic), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cell-culture-protein-surface-coating-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Self-coating was the largest revenue grossing segment of the cell culture protein surface coating market in 2015. It is expected to uphold its dominance during the forecast period owing to its large application in 2D and 3D cell cultures
- The precoated product segment is the fastest growing segment due to growing popularity of multiwell/microwell plates for in vitro applications
- The synthetic protein segment is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate during forecast period, due to its advantages over other protein types such as reduced risk of contamination and simplified composition
- North America was the largest revenue-generating region of the market in the year 2015. This region is expected to maintain its position during the forecast period
- Existence of big biopharmaceutical companies and highly developed healthcare infrastructure is projected to drive the demand for products of the target market in the region during forecast period
- Asia Pacific region is anticipated to be the fastest growing segment over the forecast period
- Rapidly booming biotechnology industry and comparatively less stringent regulations for biologics development in APAC region is primarily driving the growth of this sector
- Some of the key players include Corning Inc.; Merck KGaA; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.; Greiner Bio One International GmbH; PerkinElmer, Inc.; BioVision, Inc.; and Trevigen Inc.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Regulatory Affairs Outsourcing Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/regulatory-affairs-outsourcing-market
- Clinical Diagnostics Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/clinical-diagnostics-market
- Epigenetics Drugs and Diagnostic Technologies Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/epigenetics-drugs-and-diagnostic-technologies-market
- Mononucleosis Diagnostic Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/mononucleosis-diagnostic-market
Grand View Research has segmented the cell culture protein surface coating market on the basis of coating type, protein source, and region:
- Cell Culture Protein Surface Coating Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Multiwall/microwell plates
- Petri dishes
- Cover slips
- Cell Culture Protein Surface Coating Protein Source Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Cell Culture Protein Surface Coating Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- North America
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.