SAN FRANCISCO, September 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) devices market size is expected to reach USD 1.01 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is estimated to register a CAGR of 13.7% over the forecast period. Growing cases of diabetes and introduction of novel and advanced diabetes care devices are the major factors driving the market growth. Continuous glucose monitoring devices provide an efficient method to measure body glucose levels in real time. Data recorded by these devices is transmitted through a wireless network to receivers; this helps keep a track of glucose levels over a designated period.
These devices also help manage diabetes while reducing individual insulin dosages. Integrated software within these devices provides users with insights about food consumption, medication, physical activity, and illnesses. Thus, an increasing number of diabetic patients are using these devices to manage and treat diabetes, which, in turn, is accelerating market growth. With the advent of digital therapeutics, a rising number of CGM devices are being incorporated with apps and software to help patients with diabetes mellitus. Rise in the number of diabetes mellitus has been contributing toward market growth.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) Systems/Devices Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Component (Transmitters, Sensors, Insulin Pumps), By End Use (Hospitals, Homecare), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2024" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/continuous-glucose-monitoring-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Growing cases of diabetes is anticipated to propel market growth, with increasing number of patients opting for simplified CGM devices
- CGM devices provide analysis of blood glucose levels from the tissue fluid at regular intervals of time, which is also driving their demand
- Transmitters and receivers was the largest component type segment and is anticipated to maintain its dominance owing to their integral nature in these devices
- Insulin pumps are anticipated to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to their ability to maintain optimal blood glucose levels
- Asia Pacific is the leading regional market, with Japan, China, and India on the forefront
- North America led the global market in the past owing to wide usage of CGM devices as a result of higher number of target patients in the region
- The European region followed the North American closely in terms of market revenue due to rise in the adoption of these devices in key countries such as U.K., Germany, France, Italy, and Spain
- Some of the key companies present in the market are Pfizer Inc.; Baxter International, Inc.; Abbott Laboratories; Medtronic PLC; Animas Corporation; and Novo Nordisk A/S.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Infection Control Market - The global infection control market size was estimated at USD 150.4 billion in 2016 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% throughout the forecast period.
- Pressure Monitoring Market - The global pressure monitoring market size was valued at USD 6.7 billion in 2016 and is projected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period.
- Orthopedic Bone Cement Market - The global orthopedic bone cement market size was estimated at USD 692.8 million in 2016.
- Non-PVC IV Bags Market - The global non-PVC IV bags market size was estimated at USD 1.11 billion in 2016.
Grand View Research has segmented the global continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) devices market on the basis of component, end use, and region:
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Devices Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024
- Transmitters & Receivers
- Insulin Pumps
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Devices End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Homecare Settings
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Devices Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.