CHICAGO, Oct. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, today announced it will host the eighth annual Global Financial Leadership Conference (GFLC) Nov.16-18, 2015, at the Ritz-Carlton Beach Resort in Naples, Florida. The GFLC is an exclusive, invitation-only event that brings together decision-makers from the world's leading financial institutions to discuss the global investment climate and outlook, debate critical economic issues and share insight and analysis of geopolitical trends and the global financial landscape.
Speakers for this year's conference include:
- Josh Barrickman, Principal/Portfolio Manager, Vanguard Fixed Income Group
- Tom Brokaw, Television Journalist and Author
- Dick Costolo, Chief Executive Officer, Twitter (2010–2015); Renowned Tech Innovator
- Mike Duke, Chief Executive Officer, WalMart (2009–2014)
- Dan Glickman, Vice President, The Aspen Institute, U.S. Secretary of Agriculture (1995-2001)
- Chuck Hagel, U.S. Secretary of Defense (2013–2015); U.S. Senator (1997–2009)
- Philipp Hildebrand, Vice Chairman, Blackrock; Chairman, Swiss National Bank (2010-12)
- Elizabeth Holmes, Founder & CEO, Theranos
- Kevin Kajiwara, Geopolitical Expert; Managing Director, Teneo Intelligence
- Timothy Massad, Chairman, Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Alan Mulally, Chief Executive Officer, Ford Motor Company (2006-2014); Member, Board of Directors, Google
- Blake Mycoskie, Founder, TOMS
- Leon Panetta, U.S. Secretary of Defense (2011–2013); Director, Central Intelligence Agency (2009–2011)
- Nouriel Roubini, Chairman, Co-Founder, Roubini Global Economics
- Terry Savage, Author and Media Commentator
- Bob Schieffer, Moderator, Face the Nation (1991–2015); Chief Washington Correspondent, CBS News (1982-2015)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor Downey Professor of State and Global Policy at USC and Former Governor, State of California
- Gary White, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Water.org
Topics for discussion include global economic and security challenges of the 21st century, vision for the global food system, long-term solutions to the water crisis, the changing face of media, weathering global economic and geopolitical storms, and a global regulatory outlook.
To follow GFLC coverage during and after the 2015 conference, visit CME Group's online blog, OpenMarkets, at www.openmarkets.com. To access additional information about the conference as well as previous GFLC video, photo and press highlights, visit the conference website at www.gflc.com.
Previous GFLC events have hosted opinion leaders and luminaries such as President George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States and founder of the George W. Bush Foundation; President Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States and founder of The William J. Clinton Foundation; Hillary Rodham Clinton, 67th Secretary of State of the United States; Sir Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group; Katie Couric, award-winning journalist and author; Gary Becker, Nobel Prize-Winning economist; Ben Bernanke, Former Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; Tony Blair, Former Prime Minister of Great Britain; and Paul Volcker, former chairman of Federal Reserve.
Other featured speakers have included Lord Mervyn King, Former Governor of The Bank of England; Gen. Colin Powell, Retired U.S. Secretary of State; Karl Rove, political analyst and contributor for FOX News, Newsweek and The Wall Street Journal and former senior advisor and deputy Chief of Staff during the George W. Bush administration; Gary Gensler, former Chairman of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission; Sal Kahn, founder of Kahn Academy; The Rt. Hon. Gordon Brown, former Prime Minister of the U.K.; Niall Ferguson, economic historian, professor and author; Cheng Siwei, Chairman, International Finance Forum of Beijing; Paul Tudor Jones, founder of Tudor Investment Corporation; Aneesh Chopra, former Chief Technology Officer of the U.S.; Robert Rubin, former U.S. Treasury Secretary; and Daniel Yergin, Pulitzer prize-winning author and authority on international politics, economics and energy.
Media wishing to attend GFLC should contact Michael Shore at 312.930.2363 or at [email protected].
As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather and real estate. CME Group brings buyers and sellers together through its CME Globex® electronic trading platform, its trading facilities in New York and Chicago, and through its London-based CME Europe derivatives exchange. CME Group also operates one of the world's leading central counterparty clearing providers through CME Clearing and CME Clearing Europe, which offer clearing and settlement services across asset classes for exchange-traded contracts and over-the-counter derivatives transactions. These products and services ensure that businesses everywhere can substantially mitigate counterparty credit risk.
CME Group is a trademark of CME Group Inc. The Globe Logo, CME, Globex and Chicago Mercantile Exchange are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and the Chicago Board of Trade are trademarks of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Exchange and ClearPort are registered trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. KCBOT, KCBT and Kansas City Board of Trade are trademarks of The Board of Trade of Kansas City, Missouri, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Further information about CME Group (NASDAQ: CME) and its products can be found at www.cmegroup.com.
SOURCE CME Group