NEEDHAM, Mass., July 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Reach, a cloud technology platform for TV and Video ad workflow and Talent and Rights management, today unveiled its Q2 2017 Benchmark Report. The quarterly numbers reveal a significant increase in consumer response to video advertising and also draw attention to an increasing advertiser focus on mobile.
The report, which compares video ad serving metrics from Q2 2016 to Q2 2017, finds evidence that advertisers are putting out better video content and consumers are responding in kind. Specifically, viewability, completion rates and time spent metrics have all significantly increased from this time last year.
- The average amount of time viewers spent watching video ads has increased across the board by 19 percent.
- Viewability has seen an overall increase of 20 percent over 2016.
- Completion rates are up by 20 percent, with a 36 percent increase for premium publishers since this time last year.
In addition to the above data highlighting an industry wide improvement in video ad impact, Extreme Reach's benchmarks report also found evidence that:
- Changes in Click-through rate (CTR) demonstrate changing screen preferences. Media aggregators, which most commonly run the bulk of their impressions on desktop, experienced a 54 percent increase in CTR. Premium publishers, which are running more impressions on mobile/tablet and Connected TV, saw a 37 percent decrease in CTR over the past year.
- Vendors are being held more accountable for bad inventory. General Invalid Traffic (GIVT) is down by 33 percent since Q2 2016.
- Mobile is on the rise. Small Video Players, which are defined as less than 400x300 in pixels, saw a jump in usage. These players are most popular for mobile impressions.
- In-banner video ads are on the decline. There was a 17 percent drop in video in-banner ads over the last year.
"Through our most recent Quarterly Benchmarks Report, we've noticed trends that attest to the ever-changing face of video advertising," said Dascha Bright, SVP of Account Management at Extreme Reach. "As the Ad Cloud and workflow platform of choice for thousands of brand advertisers and agencies across the country, we have a birdseye view into video ad placements and consumer response, which are shaping the way ads are deployed."
This is the inaugural public release of Extreme Reach's Quarterly Benchmark Report based on the company's 3rd party video ad serving data. It is conducted with the goal of providing visibility into changes in video advertising usage and metrics. Extreme Reach is the creator of the premier workflow management system for the advertising industry, which streamlines every stage of a video ad's lifecycle. From its Ad Cloud, video assets are easily served to every screen and device, ensuring complete Talent & Rights compliance and giving brands and their agencies full control and over where those assets play.
About Extreme Reach
Extreme Reach offers the only enterprise technology designed distinctly to bring together the TV and Video ad workflow and all aspects of Talent & Rights management in a single, easy-to-use cloud platform. One platform and one process make brand advertising easier, and analytics more insightful, with the assurance of rights compliance wherever ads play. Founded in 2008, Extreme Reach proudly serves the world's biggest brands, agencies, post-production houses, all media destinations, and the talent community, altogether simplifying the process for every team that touches an ad campaign from start to finish. Headquartered in Needham, MA, Extreme Reach has offices in 19 cities worldwide.
Clarity PR for Extreme Reach
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/consumers-are-spending-19-more-time-watching-video-ads-300495120.html
SOURCE Extreme Reach