NEW YORK, Nov. 3, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Deloitte announced the results of the Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory report, Forensics & Dispute Advisory Marketplace 2010: Key Trends, Profiles and Forecasts.
- Deloitte ranks as the largest forensics and dispute advisory practice by measure of 2009 aggregate Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL") member firm revenue.
- Deloitte's practices are among the broadest and deepest across the Forensics and Dispute Advisory (F&DA) space.
- Deloitte received the highest ranking of "strong" in 11 out of 12 forensic and dispute advisory competency areas as defined by Kennedy.
"Deloitte's performance validates the depth, breadth and quality of forensic and dispute services that we offer our clients," said Greg Swinehart, partner and leader of the forensic and dispute services practice of Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP. "The combination of deep technical experience, proprietary leading-edge technology and analytical tools, and access to the global network of DTTL member firms and their affiliates, allows us to quickly deploy experienced teams virtually anywhere around the world to help address our clients' complex needs."
Kennedy Information's report confirms this viewpoint. "This practice [Deloitte's] is one of the most broad and deep across the F&DA space. There is:
- Deep expertise in conducting internal investigations of many different types of matters, across industries and across geographies.
- Extensive experience and expertise in the most comprehensive and complex anti-bribery, corruption, and money laundering engagements, as well as in the conduct of regulatory compliance reviews and assessments."
The report also highlighted a number of other areas of strength for Deloitte:
- "Deloitte's strength is in its ability to support broad international investigations, and provide a high level of analytical and advisory deliverables. These investigations are produced by experienced personnel with access to a range of technological tools."
- "In terms of technology in the F&DA space, this practice [Deloitte's] brings superior knowledge and tools to bear:
- On varied situations that call for the identification, acquisition, mining, and analysis of complex data
- In complex cases, regularly advising corporate and legal clients in best practices and novel techniques
- In the applications of computer forensics tools and practices; able to support the most sophisticated clients and challenging circumstances
The practice can use a wide range of tools and models to create expert assessments of value across a variety of issues and industries."
- "Deloitte offers a wide variety of expert witness support... including business functional areas, industry expertise, and experts beyond the business and financial areas."
- "Deloitte can put experienced teams on a variety of cases to conduct investigations external to the company, in areas such as vendor due diligence and intelligence on current and potential business partners. The practice has strong global capabilities."
- "For corporate investigations, the practice [Deloitte's] has expertise in conducting internal investigations of many different types of matters, across industries and geographies. The practice is chosen because it is widely regarded as having 'world class' forensic accounting skills."
Source: Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory; Forensics & Dispute Advisory Marketplace 2010; © BNA Subsidiaries, LLC. Reproduced under license.
"Our standing in the Kennedy report confirms that our approach to building DTTL member firm practices through excellent client service is the right way to do business. We would not have achieved these results without the commitment of all our forensic and dispute services professionals acting seamlessly in global, regional, and individual country marketplaces, and the contributions of all our people are paramount to this important ranking," concluded Swinehart.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means the member firms of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.