NEW YORK, March 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
What: The CMO Survey - Marketing Spend, Social Media and ROI
Who: Deloitte's CMO services practice leaders
When: Available immediately
The CMO Survey, recently released by Duke University's Fuqua School of Business marketing professor Christine Moorman and sponsored by Deloitte, the American Marketing Association, and Duke's Fuqua School of Business, indicates continued investment in marketing, alongside much room for improvement, and Deloitte has highlighted some of the key findings in this infographic.
"As marketing has shifted from one-way, controlled messaging to unscripted, multi-channel conversations, it has completely transformed the role of the chief marketing officer," said Deloitte CMO Diana O'Brien. "The findings show that while social, mobile and analytics spending is on the rise, they're falling short when it comes to boosting the bottom line. It's clear that more data doesn't always equate to more insight, and new technology has no intrinsic value to marketers unless it helps a company better understand its customers and enhances the customer experience."
Key findings from the survey include:
1) Marketing spend is expected to increase 6.9 percent in the next 12 months, driven by a 13.2 percent digital spend increase, and in spite of a 3.2 percent decrease in traditional advertising spend.
2) Less than 4 percent of respondents believe their companies are very effective in integrating customer information across purchasing, communication and social media channels.
3) Sixty three percent of companies have yet to prove the short-term quantitative impact of marketing.
Deloitte's CMO Services practice has thought leaders who can provide insight on these findings, and all topics of importance to today's Chief Marketing Officer, including:
- Diana O'Brien - Deloitte CMO
- Jonathan Copulsky - Deloitte Consulting LLP CMO, Deloitte LLP chief content officer
- Alicia Hatch - principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP and Deloitte Digital CMO
- Nidal Haddad - principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP and digital enterprise offering leader
- Christine Cutten - principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP and customer transformation specialist
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, tax and advisory services to many of the world's most admired brands, including 80 percent of the Fortune 500. For more information, visit http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en.html.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
Rory Mackin, Public Relations, Deloitte, +1 212 492 3343, email@example.com