SAN FRANCISCO, July 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Global Dodecanedioic Acid (DDDA) Market is expected to reach USD 443.3 million by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for nylon 6,12 from various end-use industries including polymers, detergents and coatings is expected to drive DDDA market growth over the forecast period. In addition, increasing paints & coatings production is likely to fuel DDDA demand. Development of new coating technologies for the industrial paints has contributed to the growth of DDDA on account of its ability to resist corrosion and provide durable flexible coatings.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Global Dodecanedioic Acid (DDDA) Market Analysis By Application (Resins, Powder Coatings, Adhesives, Lubricants), Bio-based Potential And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dodecanedioic-acid-ddda-industry
Penetration of DDDA in resin applications was highest in 2014, as it is used as a key raw material for manufacturing nylon. Increasing consumption of nylon 6,12 in automotive, electrics & electronics and construction is likely to drive DDDA market production. Growth of these end-use industries is anticipated to subsequently impact market growth in resin applications over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Asia Pacific was the largest market for DDDA accounting for over 35% of the global volume share in 2014 owing to the presence of a robust industrial base in the region. High potential for industrialization in the region is expected to drive demand for DDDA over the forecast period, making it a high growth market. Discovery of shale gas in the U.S. is expected to open new opportunities in lubricant applicatios in North America in the near future.
- China was the largest producer and consumer of DDDA owing to the presence of a robust polymer and paint & coatings manufacturing base in the country. China accounted for over 25% of the global market volume in 2014 and is expected to maintain its lion's share over the forecast period.
- Global DDDA demand in adhesives was 3.3 kilo tons in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5% from 2015 to 2022. Rising importance of high performance adhesives in industrial applications has resulted in growing demand for adhesives. Growth of major end use industries such as construction and automotive, mainly in countries such as China, India and Brazil is expected to drive the global adhesives and sealants market over the next six years.
- Key players present in the global lignin market include Ube, Cathay Industrial Biotech, Verdezyne Inc., Evonik Industries AG, Invista and Santa Cruz Biotechnology Inc. the global industry is characterized by integration by numerous companies across various stages of the value chain. Verdezyne has established a bio-based DDDA plant in Malaysia and as per the company's outlook, their plant can replace 30% of the global synthetic market.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/renewable-chemicals
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the Dodecanedioic Acid Market on the basis of application and region:
- Global DDDA Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Powder coatings
- Global DDDA Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Fatty Alcohols Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fatty-alcohols-market
- Bio-Polyamide Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bio-polyamide-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.