SAN FRANCISCO, May 13, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global end stage renal disease market size is anticipated to reach USD 172.0 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 12.4% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing number of patients suffering from kidney failure or end stage renal disease and rising prevalence of hypertension and diabetes are driving the market for end stage renal disease.
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is one of the major causes of increase in the kidney failure rates among patients. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 37 million people in U.S suffer from CKD, whereas globally more than 500 million people (12-18% of world population) are affected. Moreover, at present, the highest prevalence rate of CKD is in China, U.S., Taiwan, Japan, Germany, France, Belgium, Africa, and Rest of Asia. It is also estimated that the number of cases of end stage renal disease or CKD will increase among the elderly population, especially in developing countries, such as China, India, and countries in Africa.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Based on treatment, the dialysis segment dominated the market for end stage renal disease in 2019 owing to its ease of use and emergency convenience
- Asia Pacific led the market in 2019 owing to the large population of patients with CKD/ESRD and higher incidence of hypertension and diabetes in the region
- Key players operating in the market include Nipro Corporation; Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA; Baxter International, Inc.; Medtronic Plc; B. Braun Melsungen AG; BD; Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd; Cantel Medical; Nikkiso Co., Ltd; and JMS Co. Ltd.
Read 150 page research report with ToC on "End Stage Renal Disease Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Treatment (Transplantation, Dialysis), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, LATAM, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/end-stage-renal-disease-market
Technological advancements in the treatment of renal failure is another factor expediting the overall market growth. For instance, wearable artificial kidney (WAK) is a portable dialysis device designed to enable patients to live healthier as it controls blood pressure, improves clearance of wastes from the blood, and allows end stage renal disease or CKD patient for a less strict diet, resulting in lower fluid weight gain with less stress on the heart. Thus, WAK has the potential to reduce mortality in dialysis patients, thereby improving an end stage renal disease patient's quality of life. The WAK prototypes designed and patented by innovative firms have been approved for human clinical trials by the U.S. FDA in 2016 with great success.
Key players in the market for end stage renal disease include Nipro Corporation; Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA; Baxter International, Inc.; Medtronic Plc; B. Braun Melsungen AG; BD; Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd; Cantel Medical; Nikkiso Co., Ltd; and JMS Co. Ltd. For instance, in October 2019, Fresenius Medical Care has received breakthrough device designation by U.S. FDA for its new hemodialysis machine that aims to prevent blood clotting without the use of any medication.
Grand View Research has segmented the global end stage renal disease market on the basis of treatment and region:
- End Stage Renal Disease Treatment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Wearable Artificial Kidney
- End Stage Renal Disease Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Medical Imaging Phantoms Market– Increasing disease burden of lifestyle-associated disorders such as cardiac failure, chronic kidney disease, And Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), and rising demand for accurate calibration techniques for effective diagnostic imaging procedures are the key factors expected to drive the market growth.
- Hyaluronic Acid Market– Increasing aesthetic consciousness, aging population, introduction of cost-effective treatments and products, and technological advancements are some of the factors driving the growth of the market for hyaluronic acid
- Microfluidics Market– Rise in demand for point-of-care (POC) devices is expected to significantly drive the market.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.