LONG BEACH, Calif., Aug. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing all-in-ones for the home office and micro* business, today introduced three new all-in-ones – the Epson WorkForce® 635, WorkForce 633 and WorkForce 630. With the world's fastest print speeds(1), professional print quality, built-in Wi-Fi® n(2), automatic two-sided printing, Extra-High capacity inks, and a 250-sheet paper tray, the WorkForce line is designed to satisfy the unique needs of small business owners, such as real estate agents, architects and engineers, and business consultants.
"We understand that micro and home-based businesses need to quickly and affordably print presentations, reports, flyers, and other marketing materials in color without having to rely on outside printing services," said Rodrigo Catalan, product manager, Business Ink Jets, Epson America, Inc. "With our new line of WorkForce All-In-Ones, we provide a cost-effective and convenient option that ensures businesses can print professional quality output using Epson's latest printer technology that delivers blazingly fast print speeds, exceptional black text and outstanding color graphics."
Shared Features of the WorkForce Line
The WorkForce 635, WorkForce 633 and the WorkForce 630 bring several key advantages to small businesses starting with print speeds of 15 ISO ppm black and 7.2 ISO ppm color(3). In addition, each model has a 250-sheet input tray allowing users to load up to half a ream of paper at a time. All three models ship with Extra-High capacity black and color cartridges with Epson's exclusive fade(4), smudge- and water(5)-resistant DURABrite® Ultra inks. In addition to printing functions, the new WorkForce All-in-Ones offer high-quality 2400 dpi scanning and rapid faxing with the capability to store up to 60 names and numbers.
The Epson WorkForce 635, 633 and 630 include the latest in wireless technology, Wi-Fi n, which delivers 2.5 times the performance of 802.11g(2). With Wi-Fi n, these new models are compatible with the latest routers on the market, as well as being backwards compatible with 802.11b/g networks. In addition, all three models include a 2.5" LCD screen to make copying, faxing and other stand-alone functions easy-to-use.
Increased Productivity with the WorkForce 635 and WorkForce 633
In addition to the wide range of business features offered throughout the line, the WorkForce 633 includes automatic two-sided printing for maximum efficiency, while the flagship WorkForce 635 also copies, scans and faxes two-sided documents using a built-in two-sided 30-page automatic document feeder.
Additional Features of the WorkForce Line:
- 15 ISO ppm black and 7.2 ISO ppm color single-sided; 7.5 ISO ppm black and 4.5 ISO ppm color two-sided to help keep businesses running at full speed
- Extra-High capacity ink cartridges so businesses replace ink less often
- Individual ink cartridges for replacing only the color that is needed
- Instant drying inks to immediately touch laser quality documents and photos
- Wi-Fi n and Ethernet compatible for network printing with the latest routers available
- Uses up to 70 percent less power than laser printers(6), saving energy and money
- ENERGY STAR® qualified, RoHS compliant to help preserve the environment
- Designed to be recycled(7)
- Epson MicroPiezo® print head technology with smart nozzles delivers ink droplets in as many as three sizes, some as small as three picoliters, delivering sharp, laser-like quality text while optimizing print speeds
Pricing and Availability
The Epson WorkForce 635 ($229.99**), Epson WorkForce 633 ($199.99**), and Epson WorkForce 630 ($179.99**) will be available in September through major computer, office and electronic superstores, a variety of retail stores nationwide, mail order, PC manufacturers, the Internet, and Epson's own retail site, www.epsonstore.com. For more information, please see the flagship Epson WorkForce 635 fact sheet.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson America, Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 countries around the world. Seiko Epson is committed to its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria. To learn more about Epson America, please visit: www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Epson and MicroPiezo are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. WorkForce and DURABrite are registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
(1) Fastest in its class; printing black text in default, single-side mode, in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Compared to ink jet all-in-ones priced $199.99 or as of August 10 based on manufacturers rated ISO speeds or independent testing.
(2) Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n certified; level of performance subject to the range of the router being used. Visit http://www.wi-fi.org/files/11nbasics_glossary.pdf for more information.
(3) ISO ppm is based on the new international standard for measuring print speed. Black and color print speeds are determined in default, single-side mode in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will vary based on system configuration, software, and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for details, including complete ISO reports.
(4) Display permanence based on accelerated testing of prints displayed under glass in indoor display conditions; album permanence based on accelerated testing of prints in dark storage conditions. Actual print stability will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, temperature, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee the longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or UV filter or properly store them.
(5) Water resistance on Epson Glossy Papers, Epson Matte Papers and plain papers, when using genuine Epson inks.
(6) Compared to the best selling monochrome and color multifunction laser printers available for $499 or less as of January 1, 2009. Actual power savings will vary by product model and usage.
(7) See our website for convenient and reasonable recycling options at www.epson.com/recycle.
*Businesses with up to 10 employees
**Estimated street price
SOURCE Epson America, Inc.