SAN FRANCISCO, April 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global exoskeleton market size is anticipated to reach USD 4.2 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 26.3% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing adoption of exoskeletons in healthcare and non-healthcare settings, reimbursement coverage offered on these systems, and increasing prevalence of spinal cord injuries (SCIs) are the key factors driving the market. Moreover, development in robotics and growing demand for customized exoskeleton that addresses the specific needs of the patients is anticipated to fuel the growth over the forecast period.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The global exoskeleton market size is anticipated to reach USD 4.2 billion by 2027 owing to rising applications of these products in healthcare and non-healthcare settings
- Based on technology type, mobile exoskeleton accounted for a major share of 61.8% in 2019 owing to introduction of innovative mobile systems for various industrial applications
- On the basis of technology drive type, electric actuators dominated the global market with a revenue share of 32.1% as they are cost-effective than other drive types
- North America dominated the market with a value of USD 297.8 million in 2019 owing to availability of favorable reimbursement policies and increasing investments in robotics
- Some of the key players operating in this market are Ekso Bionics, Cyberdyne, ReWalk Laboratories, REX Bionics, and Suit X.
Read 120 page research report with ToC on "Exoskeleton Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology Type (Mobile, Stationary), By Technology Drive Type, By End User, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/exoskeleton-market
Based on technology type, in 2019, mobile exoskeleton dominated the global market, accounting for a revenue share of 61.8%. Introduction of innovative mobile exoskeleton by manufacturers for the aging and disabled population is a key factor driving the market. However, mobile systems are complicated and expensive to design, which increases their cost. This is compelling the patients to switch to the stationary systems, thus making stationary systems the fastest growing segment in the market.
On the basis of technology drive type, in 2019, electric actuators dominated the global exoskeleton market with a share of 32.1% in terms of revenue, as they are cost-effective in comparison with the other drive types. Moreover, presence of a wide variety of commercialized electric actuators is fueling the growth of this electric actuators segment. Usage of fuel cell-powered exoskeleton is increasing in military applications as they provide longer operation hours. This is anticipated to drive the fuel cell segment over the forecast period.
North America dominated the global market in 2019, generating a revenue of USD 297.8 million. Increasing investments in robotics, growing geriatric population, favorable reimbursement policies, and availability of funding for various projects are anticipated to drive the regional market over the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to exhibit the fastest CAGR owing to growing geriatric population, improvement in the healthcare infrastructure, and increasing investments in robotics in countries, such as Japan, China, and India.
Grand View Research has segmented the global exoskeleton market based on technology type, technology drive type, end user, and region:
- Exoskeleton Technology Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Mobile Exoskeleton
- Stationary Exoskeleton
- Exoskeleton Technology Drive Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Pneumatic Actuator
- Electric Servo
- Electric Actuator
- Fully Mechanical
- Shape Memory Alloy Actuator
- Fuel Cell
- Exoskeleton End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Elderly Care
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Exoskeleton Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Patient Temperature Management Market – The global patient temperature management market size was valued at USD 2.64 billion in 2018 and is expected to witness attractive CAGR of 8.5% over the forecast period.
- Personalized LASIK Surgery Market – The global personalized LASIK surgery market size was valued at USD 1.43 billion in 2014. Growing popularity of corrective eye surgery is expected to support market growth.
- 3D Printed Surgical Models Market – The global 3D printed surgical models market size was valued at USD 500.0 million in 2018 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 10.3% over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.