AUBURN HILLS, Mich., July 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- Company presented 23 awards to its North American suppliers for extraordinary performance in 2015
- Theme of this year's Qualitas was Quality Makers: Aligning for Excellence
FCA US LLC presented 23 awards to the Company's North American strategic supplier partners at the sixth annual Qualitas awards ceremony held at Sound Board at MotorCity Casino Hotel in Detroit. The awards recognize suppliers that have shown extraordinary commitment to innovation, quality, continuous improvement and the Company's Foundational Principles.
Global Purchasing Officer for FCA NV and Head of Purchasing and Supplier Quality for FCA – North America Scott Thiele led the program addressing an audience of more than 1,000, outlining how the group is capitalizing on the Company's global footprint to support the five-year business plan.
"Today, we honored those companies that were dedicated to helping us achieve success through teamwork, innovation and an intense focus on quality," said Thiele. "As FCA continues to grow globally, we want to work with our top supplier partners to bring the highest quality vehicles to drivers across the world."
Qualitas recognizes both production and non-production suppliers that not only demonstrate operational excellence, but that also have strong corporate values in areas such as diversity, innovation and sustainability. The 2015 FCA US Qualitas recipients are:
- Body Quality Supplier of the Year – Brose
- Capital Equipment Quality Supplier of the Year – FANUC America Corporation
- Chassis Quality Supplier of the Year – Piston Automotive
- Electrical Quality Supplier of the Year – SiriusXM
- Engine Systems Quality Supplier of the Year – MANN+HUMMEL
- Interior Quality Supplier of the Year – Summit Polymers Inc.
- MOPAR Quality Supplier of the Year – TRICO® Products Corporation
- Powertrain Quality Supplier of the Year – Guangdong Jongtu Technology Co. Ltd.
- Raw Materials Quality Supplier of the Year – PPG Industries Inc.
- Services Quality Supplier of the Year – Xerox
- Diversity Supplier Development: Production – Henkel
- Diversity Supplier Development: Non-production – Walbridge
- Foundational Principles Award: Logistics – Cassens Transport Co.
- Foundational Principles Award: Production – Bridgestone Corporation
- Foundational Principles Award: Non-production – Snap-on Business Solutions
- Innovation: Production – Prime Wheel Corporation
- Innovation: Logistics – Ann Arbor Railroad
- Logistics Supplier of the Year – AMPORTS Inc.
- Supply Chain Management Supplier of the Year – FLEX-N-GATE
- Sustainability Supplier of the Year – Metalsa, S.A. de C.V.
- Technical Cost Reduction Supplier of the Year – Iroquois Industries Inc.
- Tooling Analysis Group Supplier of the Year – QCR Tech LLC
- Overall Supplier of the Year – Brose
The event showcased multiple executives from FCA US who shared insights into the Company's long-term vision, including Ralph Gilles, Head of Design, FCA – Global, Steve Beahm, Senior Vice President - Supply Chain Management, FCA - North America, and Scott Garberding, Head of Quality, FCA – Global and North America.
Award recipients were determined based on an evaluation of each company's External Balanced Scorecard performance in 2015 – a rating system that evaluates supplier performance in areas such as quality, delivery, cost, warranty and partnership – and input from FCA senior leadership. Suppliers were able to nominate themselves to be considered for the Innovation, Sustainability and Diversity Supplier Development award categories. Winners received a trophy that was custom designed and crafted by FCA vehicle designers.
About FCA US LLC
FCA US LLC is a North American automaker with a new name and a long history. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA US designs, engineers, manufactures and sells vehicles under the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and FIAT brands, as well as the SRT performance vehicle designation. The company also distributes the Alfa Romeo 4C model and Mopar products. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler, the innovative American automaker first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925; and Fiat, founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli.
FCA, the seventh-largest automaker in the world based on total annual vehicle sales, is an international automotive group. FCA is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FCAU" and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol "FCA."
Follow FCA US news and video on:
FCA Content On Demand (COD): www.fcacod.com
Company blog: blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Company website: www.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: media.fcanorthamerica.com
Twitter (Spanish): www.twitter.com/fcausespanol
SOURCE FCA US LLC