SAN FRANCISCO, September 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global functional proteins market is expected to reach USD 7.45 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 7.5%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising importance of protein-fortified convenience foods as a result of extensive advertising campaigns by nutraceutical suppliers in e-commerce portals and electronics media is expected to have a substantial impact. Furthermore, the increasing market penetration of powdered drink mixes as a result of product innovation by companies including General Foods Corporation is expected to play a crucial role in promoting the functional proteins consumption in the near future.
Whey protein isolates (WPI) accounted for 26.1% of global industry share in 2016. The segment is expected to witness significant gains owing to the introduction of the product forms in vanilla and chocolate flavors on a global level. Furthermore, increasing awareness towards enhancing muscular strength among athletes as well as gym professionals in emerging markets including Mexico, South Africa, China, and India is expected to broaden the application scope of WPI as sports nutrition goods over the next eight years.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Functional Protein Market Analysis By Product (Hydrolysates, WPI, WPC, Casein & Caseinates, Soy Protein), By Form (Dry, Liquid), By Application, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/functional-protein-market
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- Global functional proteins demand was stood at 823.9 kilo tons in the year, 2016 and is projected to foresee growth at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2017 to 2025.
- Functional beverages are projected to foresee fastest volume growth at a CAGR of 7.0% from 2017 to 2025. Rising importance of protein shakes for weight management amongst working class professionals as a result of endorsement by fitness experts to use functional beverage is expected to expand the industry size.
- Dry forms are projected to foresee revenue growth at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2017 to 2025. Rising R&D spending towards the processing of spray-dried serum (SDS), spray-dried plasma (SDP) and globulin concentrate which are processed to use as colostrum supplements or replacers for feeding calves is expected to open the new avenues.
- Asia Pacific is projected to witness high revenue growth at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2017 to 2025. Significant gains in functional food & beverage production in China, India, and Malaysia as a result of favorable government policies including the reduction in import duties of consumables or equipment, to promote the foreign investments is expected to play a fundamental role in increase the fortification of functional nutrition ingredients.
- Major manufacturers include Kerry Group, Fonterra, Arla Foods AMBA, Glanbia, Saputo Ingredients APC Inc., and Friesland Campina. The introduction of new products and the formation of strategic alliances with buyers in nutraceuticals and animal feed sectors are projected to remain critical success factors over the next eight years.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Cereal Bar Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cereal-bar-market
- Spices Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/spices-market
- Fortified Foods Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fortified-foods-market
- Stevia & Truvia Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/stevia-and-truvia-market
Grand View Research has segmented the global functional proteins market on the basis of product, form, application, and region:
- Functional Proteins Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Whey Protein Concentrates (WPC)
- Whey Protein Isolates (WPI)
- Casein & Caseinates
- Soy Protein
- Functional Proteins Form Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Functional Proteins Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Functional Foods
- Functional Beverages
- Dietary Supplements
- Animal Nutrition
- Functional Proteins Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/food-and-beverages
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.