SAN FRANCISCO, March 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global gastrointestinal therapeutics market size is expected to reach USD 65.1 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a 6.6% CAGR during the forecast period. Growing geriatric population prone to gastrointestinal indications is one of the key factors anticipated to contribute to market growth. According to a report by WHO, colon cancer caused nearly 694,000 deaths in 2014.
Growing geriatric population, especially in emerging economies, is expected to drive market growth over the coming years. Furthermore, initiatives undertaken by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to promote cancer screening nationwide is expected to boost market growth over the forecast period. The Division of Cancer Prevention and Control (DCPC) supports National Colorectal Cancer Action Campaign (NCCCP) and provides funds to aid research studies and implement strategies to control colorectal cancer. This increase in initiatives for screening is expected to fuel sales of therapeutics and present lucrative growth opportunities to the market.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Gastrointestinal Therapeutics Market Analysis Report By Type (Branded, Generics), By Route of Administration, By Application (Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn's Disease, GERD), By Distribution Channel, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/gastrointestinal-therapeutics-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Based on product type, the branded drugs segment dominated in 2016 owing to high potency drugs such as biologics and proton pump inhibitors. High growth of branded drugs over recent years is a result of positive patient outcomes and synergistic effect of various drugs used in conjunction in the treatment regimen
- Generics are expected to expand at a lucrative CAGR owing to their high cost-efficiency and rising number of patent expirations
- Ulcerative colitis accounted for the second-largest share in terms of application in 2016 owing to high clinical urgency to curb growing prevalence of ulcerative colitis
- The others segment, which includes constipation, nausea, and pancreatic insufficiency, accounted for the largest share by application in 2016. This is a consequence of consistent efforts by government organizations for promoting awareness and enhancing management of these conditions
- The Crohn's disease segment is expected to grow at a lucrative rate over the coming years due to presence of extensive pipeline products in later stages of clinical trials
- Retail pharmacy accounted for the largest share by way of distribution channel in 2016 owing to high accessibility to retail stores and affordability. Online pharmacies are anticipated to witness lucrative CAGR as they usually offer price discounts on bulk purchases.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Human Rabies Vaccines Market - The Global human rabies vaccines market is expected to witness robust growth over the forecast period.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Market - The global pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) market size was valued at USD 5.0 billion in 2015.
- Genitourinary Drugs Market - The global genitourinary drugs market accounted for USD 28.2 billion in 2015 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of over 0.8% during the forecast period.
- Doxorubicin Market - The global doxorubicin market size was valued at USD 809.6 million in 2015 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global gastrointestinal therapeutics market on the basis of type, route of administration, application, distribution channel, and region:
- Gastrointestinal Therapeutics Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Enzyme Replacement Therapies
- Proton Pump Inhibitors
- H2 Antagonists
- Gastrointestinal Therapeutics Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Gastrointestinal Therapeutics Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn's Disease
- Gastrointestinal Therapeutics Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Gastrointestinal Therapeutics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.