The future of the calibration services industry is explored with detailed market forecasts and strategic analysis.
A growing market
Key growth drivers
An industry protected from economic cycles
An industry driven forward by increasing global regulations and security.
Explore the potential of the industry and gain an appreciation of the big picture for a relatively new industry that is expanding onto a global stage.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction and Market Definition 1.1 Introduction 1.2 Market Definition
2. Market Overview 2.1 Manufacturer Practices 2.1.1 Difference Between Manufacturer and other Vendors 2.1.2 Difference Between Electronic and Mechanical Segments 2.3 Accreditation 2.3.1 Accreditation Recognition 2.3.2 Two Tiered Accreditation Standard 2.4 Segments and Capability 2.4.1 An Overview of Segmentation Practice 2.4.2 Segmentation by Company Size 2.4.3 On-site Service as a Segment 2.5 Industry Structure and Participants 2.5.1 The International System of Measurement - A Primer 2.5.2 Current Industry Participants 2.5.3 Industry Structure 2.6 Geographic Influences 2.6.1 Geographic Preference 2.6.2 Implications for Laboratory Management 2.6.3 Growing Demand for On Site Service
3. Market Trends 3.1 Factors Driving Growth 3.1.1 Impact of Climate Change 3.2 Factors Inhibiting Growth 3.2.1 Recalibrate Versus Replace 3.3 The Changing Role of the Manufacturer 3.3.1 The Position of Trust 3.3.2 Customers Have an Equipment Management Need 3.3.3 Effect on Repair Demand 3.3.4 Manufacturer's Rethink Service and Support 3.4 Services Packaging 3.4.1 Services Packaging Today and Tomorrow 3.4.2 Reduced Services Play a Role 3.4.3 Basic Calibration Changes 3.4.4 The Role of On Line Value Added Services 3.4.5 Change in Demand for Accreditation 3.4.6 Pricing for On Site to Change 3.4.7 Contract Agreements to Change 3.5 Technology Development 3.5.1 Five Important Technology Developments 3.5.2 Calibration Services Look to Installed Base 3.5.3 Calibration Intervals Change 3.5.4 Impact of Self Calibration
4. Pricing and Business Development 4.1 Calibration Service Pricing and Plans 4.1.1 Variable Factors in a Calibration Service 4.1.2 Fee Based Pricing 4.1.3 Approaches to Pricing 4.1.4 Pricing and Geography 4.1.5 Surcharges 4.1.6 Limited Calibration 4.1.7 Volume Discounts 4.1.8 Mobile Pricing 4.1.9 Service Plans 4.1.10 Asset Management 4.1.11 Customer Commitment 4.1.12 Personnel Rental 4.2 Promotion 4.2.1 Sales Promotion Practice 4.2.2 A Calibration Services Marketing System 4.2.3 Services Marketing Program Tools 4.2.4 Company Website and Marketing Strategy 4.3 Customer Service 4.3.1 Customer Service Measurement 4.3.2 Teamwork in Customer Service 4.3.3 The Role of Leadership 4.4 Merger and Acquisition 4.4.1 Economies of Scale 4.4.2 Caveats and Factors Unfavourable to Merger Activity 4.5 Competition
5. Industry Segmentation Analysis 5.1 Aerospace/Defense 5.2 Agriculture and Food Production 5.3 Automotive 5.4 Biomedical/Pharmaceutical 5.5 Communication 5.6 General Manufacturing 5.7 High Technology 5.8 Material Production 5.9 Other
6. Recent Market Activity
Recent Developments - Importance and How to Use This Section
Importance of These Developments
How to Use This Section
Transcat acquires Infinite Integral Solutions Inc.
Endress+Hauser builds new Calibration Laboratory
Keysight opens a new calibration facility
Transcat Acquires Gauge Repair Service
Trescal Announces 3 Acquisitions
Newbow Aerospace Expands Calibration Laboratory
Instron's Calibration Laboratory goes global
Trescal Acquires QTI and QTI Validaciones
Trescal Announces 2 Acquisitions
Cross Company Acquires J. A. King
Trescal Acquires Diamond Technical and Acteam
Boonton Electronics and Noisecom Receive ISO 17025: 2017 Accreditation
Transcat Acquires Angel's Instrumentation Inc.
Trescal and Stahlwille UK sign partnership agreement
Laboratory Testing Inc. Acquires TAC Technical Instrument
About ResearchAndMarkets.com ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.