DUBLIN, Jan. 21, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Supportive Care in Cancer - Comprehensive Overview, Pipeline Products, Research and Development Strategies and Unmet Needs" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report leverages on survey-based data and KOL insights to provide a comprehensive overview on a number of aspects including current treatment options that are used for various indications within SCC and treatment guidelines that are observed for these indications. In terms of clinical development, pipeline products and R&D strategies for individual indications are addressed. The report also delves into some of the clinical trials challenges that are encountered in this field and provides an overview of unmet needs that exist for various SCC indications.
Supportive care in cancer is an evolving discipline of medicine that is critical for holistic management of patients with cancer. With significant advancements being made in treatment of cancer particularly through development of immuno-oncology (IO) and targeted therapies, it is of equal significance to focus on supportive care in cancer so as to ensure that patients are able to complete the treatment cycle for the primary cancer as well as to enhance their quality of life.
- Advancements in understanding of disease mechanisms coupled along with therapeutic advancements in some of the SCC indications are expected to increase awareness of this field.
- Although significant therapeutic advancements have been made for some SCC indications, analysis of the overall field indicate that there is disparity in terms of current treatment options, particularly for indications in which approved therapies are non-existent.
- Breadth of pipeline products in clinical development holds promise for SCC particularly for indications that are currently under-served in terms of approved therapies.
- Existence of both clinical and environmental unmet needs within SCC field provide an opportunity for pharmaceutical companies and policy makers to help develop effective therapeutics and frameworks respectively, to advance the field further. Therapies that can offer a significant benefit to patients particularly in terms of improving quality of life and frameworks from regulatory agencies that can facilitate guidance, specifically on some SCC indications are of particular importance to help address the existing gap.
Key Questions Answered
- What set of treatment guidelines and treatment options are used by oncologists in the 7MM for various indications within SCC?
- What is the current status of SCC particularly with regards to physician attitude and how is this trend likely to change in the future? What sort of impacts are newer agents such as those related to IO and targeted therapies having on the SCC field?
- What are the different R&D strategies that are being pursued by pharmaceutical companies within individual indications under SCC? What are the challenges associated with clinical trials in this field?
- What are the current unmet needs, and what steps are being taken to help address these gaps in SCC?
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
2.1. Key Findings
3. Supportive Care in Cancer Overview
3.1. What is Supportive Care in Cancer?
4.1. Diagnosed Incident Cases of All Cancer in 2019
4.2. Diagnosed Incident Cases of All Cancer Receiving Chemotherapy
4.3. Diagnosed Incident Cases of All Cancer Receiving Chemotherapy with Condition
4.4. Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of All Cancer
5. Current and Future Status of Treatment Guidelines
5.1. Treatment Guidelines for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - Survey Results
5.2. Reasons for Non-Adherence to Treatment Guidelines - KOL Opinion
5.3. Commonly Used Treatment Guidelines for Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer
5.4. Current Status of Supportive Care in Cancer - KOL Opinion
5.5. Physician Attitude Towards Supportive Care in Cancer - KOL Opinion
5.6. Future Outlook for Supportive Care in Cancer - KOL Opinion
5.7. Impact of Immuno-Oncology Therapies and Targeted Therapies on SCC - KOL Opinion
5.8. Role of Immuno-Oncology Therapies and Targeted Therapies on Producing New Side Effect Profiles - KOL Opinion
6. Current Treatment Options
6.1. Key MOAs for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer
6.2. Key Marketed Product Information for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer
6.3. Commonly Used Marketed Products for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - Survey Results
6.4. Level of Satisfaction With Marketed Products for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - Survey
6.5. Marketed Products for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - KOL Perspective
7. Pipeline Products and R&D Strategies
7.1. Level of Familiarity and Potential for R&D Strategies for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer -
7.2. Pipeline Products for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - KOL Opinion
8. Clinical Trial Design and Challenges
8.1. Clinical Trials Challenges and Endpoints for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - Survey Results
8.2. Clinical Trials Challenges and Endpoints for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - KOL Opinion
9. Unmet Needs and Opportunities
9.1. Major Unmet Needs for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer
9.2. Level of Significance of Unmet Needs for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - Survey Results
9.3. Unmet Needs for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - KOL Opinion
- Aliud Pharma
- Asahi Kasei Pharma Corp
- Bayer Healthcare
- Benuvia Therapeutics
- BetterLife Pharma
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Chugai Pharmaceutical
- Daichii Sankyo
- Dauntless Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Helsinn Group
- Heron Therapeutics
- Immune Pharmaceuticals
- Kyowa Kirin
- LTL Pharma
- Medice Arzneimittel Putter
- Mirati Therapeutics
- Mundipharma International Ltd
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- Napo Pharmaceuticals
- Ono Pharmaceutical
- Partner Therapeutics
- PHD Biosciences
- Q BioMed
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals
- Stada Arzneimittel
- Taiho Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
- TerSera Therapeutics
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Torii Pharmaceutical
- WEX Pharmaceuticals Inc
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bzvbz0
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets