DUBLIN, May 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Dark Chocolate Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global dark chocolate market reached a value of US$ 45.6 Billion in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 7.6% during 2011-2018.
Dark chocolate, also known as "bittersweet" or "semisweet" chocolate, is made from cocoa butter instead of fats such as palm and coconut oils. Dark chocolate carries a rich and intense flavour, and is an excellent source of flavonoids which contribute to its pigment. The greater amount of flavonoids contributes to darker chocolate and potentially greater health benefits. It contains a very high percentage of cocoa solids, generally more than 60% with little or no added sugar. Some of the products manufactured using dark chocolate include chocolate bars, candies and baking chocolate.
Eating dark chocolate protects the brain from age-related stress and inflammation which play an important role in the neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer's disease. Moreover, it also helps in boosting blood circulation to the brain, which can improve the ability to focus; improving memory, and controlling the anxiety levels.
Owing to these factors, the market for dark chocolate is expected to reach a value of US$ of 62.4 Billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of nearly 5.2% during 2019-2024.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global dark chocolate market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regionals in the global dark chocolate market?
- What are the major distribution channels in the global dark chocolate market?
- What are the price trends of dark chocolate?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global dark chocolate industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global dark chocolate industry?
- What is the structure of the global dark chocolate industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global dark chocolate industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global dark chocolate industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a dark chocolate manufacturing plant?
- How is dark chocolate manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a dark chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a dark chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a dark chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a dark chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for dark chocolate?
- What are the transportation requirements for dark chocolate?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a dark chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a dark chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a dark chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a dark chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a dark chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a dark chocolate manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Chocolate Industry
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.2.1 Volume Trends
5.2.2 Value Trends
5.3 Market Breakup by Region
5.4 Market Breakup by Product
5.5 Market Breakup by Packaging
5.6 Market Breakup by End-Use
5.7 Market Share of Key Players
5.8 Market Forecast
6 Global Dark Chocolate Industry
6.1 Market Overview
6.2 Market Performance
6.2.1 Volume Trends
6.2.2 Value Trends
6.3 Price Analysis
6.3.1 Key Price Indicators
6.3.2 Price Structure
6.3.3 Price Trends
6.4 Market by Region
6.5 Market by Distribution Channel
6.6 Market Forecast
6.7 SWOT Analysis
6.8 Value Chain Analysis
6.8.2 Cocoa Growers
6.8.3 Cocoa Grinders
6.8.4 Coverture/Industrial Chocolate Manufacturers
6.8.5 End Use Industries
6.8.6 Chocolate Manufacturers
6.9 Porters Five Forces Analysis
6.10 Key Success and Risk Factors
7 Performance of Key Regions
7.1 Western Europe
7.2 North America
7.3 Eastern Europe
7.5 Latin America
7.6 Middle East and Africa
8 Performance by Distribution Channel
8.1 Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
8.2 Convenience Stores
8.3 Non-Grocery Retailers
9 Competitive Landscape
10 Dark Chocolate Manufacturing Process
10.1 Product Overview
10.2 Detailed Process Flow
10.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
10.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
11.1 Land, Location and Site Development
11.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
11.3 Plant Machinery
11.4 Machinery Pictures
11.5 Raw Materials Requirements and Expenditures
11.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
11.7 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
11.8 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
11.9 Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
11.10 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
11.11 Other Capital Investments
12 Dark Chocolate Manufacturing Plant: Loans and Financial Assistance
13 Dark Chocolate Manufacturing Plant: Project Economics
13.1 Capital Cost of the Project
13.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
13.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
13.4 Taxation and Depreciation
13.5 Income Projections
13.6 Expenditure Projections
13.7 Financial Analysis
13.8 Profit Analysis
14 Key Player Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ptfz2r
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets