DUBLIN, Sept. 12, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Neurology Market: A Research Overview" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The scope of this report is broad and covers therapeutics used in the treatment of neurological disorders.
The report highlights the current and future market potential of neurology medicines and provides a detailed analysis of the competitive environment, regulations, epidemiology of neurological diseases, merger and acquisition, drivers, restraints, and pipeline drugs in the market. The report also covers market projections through 2024.
The increased government funding in neurology research and an ever-growing demand for research focused on drug discovery for development of novel therapies in neurological disorders are driving the growth of neurology market.The global market for psychotic disease is anticipated to grow at a slow rate during the forecast period.
The slow growth rate is attributed primarily to the loss of patent exclusivity of branded drugs and the emergence of generic drugs. Manufacturers of branded drugs are likely to experience a decline in sales revenue due to the penetration of low-cost generic drugs in the market, which is likely to impact the growth of the market for antipsychotic drugs.
Global neurology market comprises of various therapeutics used for the treatment of different neurological disorders. The novel pipeline, patent expiry of blockbuster drug and new drug approval have influenced the neurology market and it is expected to grow during the forecast period. The biopharmaceutical companies are investing significantly in the development of innovative therapeutics for the treatment of neurological disorders. Government organizations are funding research and development activities related to neurology research. These factors are impacting the neurology market positively coupled with the growing prevalence of neurological disorders.
New approaches for the treatment of neurology related indications were pursued by pharmaceutical companies. This new drug with a novel mechanism of action or improved delivery system will provide a powerful new option to currently prescribed neurology medicines.
The global neurology market is growing due to a rise in the aging population, growing awareness regarding mental and neurological illness, increasing health insurance reforms and constant research and development in neurology by pharmaceutical companies. These factors along with technological advances such as biomarkers, 3D printed drugs, mobile applications and wearable technologies used to monitor and treat patients diagnosed with neurological disorders are expected to drive the neurology drugs industry.
For market estimates, data is provided for 2018 as the base year, with forecasts for 2019 through 2024. Estimated values are based on drug manufacturers' total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing this Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- Custom Research
- Related Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Neurological Disorders: Overview
- Disease Background
- Parkinson Disease
- Alzheimer Disease
- Bipolar Disorders
- Epileptic Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Neuroprotective Agents
- Neuroprotective Strategies
- Drug Development Regulations
- Reimbursement Landscape
Chapter 4 Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Government and NGO Initiatives in Creating Awareness
- Growing Geriatric Population with Neurological Disorders
- Increasing Global Incidence of Neurological Disorders
- Research Initiatives in Neurology
- Accelerated Approvals for Drugs Used in Rare Diseases
- Market Restraints
- Patent Expirations of Branded Drugs and Emergence of Generics
- Adverse Side Effects
- High Cost of Drug Development
Chapter 5 Global Market for Neurology
- Global Market for Neurology, by Disease Indication
Chapter 6 Global Market for Parkinson Disease
- Anti-Parkinson's Drugs: Market Overview
- Anti-Parkinson's Drugs Market, by Drug Class
- Dopamine Agonists
- Enzyme Inhibitors Market
- Other Anti-Parkinson's Drugs
- Anti-Parkinson's Drugs Market, by Region
Chapter 7 Global Market for Alzheimer Disease
- Market Overview
- Global Alzheimer Drugs Market, by Mechanism of Action
- NMDA Drugs
- Global Alzheimer Drugs Market, by Region
- Impact of Generic AD Therapeutics
Chapter 8 Global Market for Psychotic Disorders
- Market Overview
- Global Antipsychotic Drugs Market, by Drug Class
- D2 Antagonists
- D2/5HT2A Antagonists
- D2 Partial Agonists
- Global Antipsychotic Drugs Market, by Region
- Global Company Share Analysis
- Impact of Generic Antipsychotic Drugs on the Market
Chapter 9 Global Market for Epileptic Disorders
- Market Overview
- Market Trends
- Global Anti-Epileptic Drugs Market, by Drug Class
- First Generation Anti-Epileptic Drugs
- Second Generation Anti-Epileptic Drugs
- Third Generation Anti-Epileptic Drugs
- Global Anti-Epileptic Drugs Market, by Region
- Anti-Epileptic Drugs Market Competitive Landscape
Chapter 10 Global Market for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Market Overview
- Global ASD Therapeutics Market, by Label Information
- Labeled ASD Pharmaceuticals
- Off-label Pharmaceuticals
- Global ASD Therapeutics Market, by Region
- Global ASD Therapeutics Market Industry Structure
Chapter 11 Global Market for Brain Tumor Therapeutics
- Market Overview
- Brain Tumor Therapeutics Market, by Therapy Type
- Targeted Therapy
- Immunotherapeutic Agents
- New Developments
- Brain Tumor Therapeutics Market, by Region
- Company Share Analysis
Chapter 12 Pipeline Analysis
- Overview of the Drug Development Process
Chapter 13 Competitive Landscape
- Key Strategies Adopted by Market Players
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Agreements and New Product Launches
Chapter 14 Company Profiles
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Alexza Pharmaceuticals
- Alkermes Plc
- Allergan Plc
- Apotex, Inc.
- Astrazeneca Plc
- Aurobindo Pharma
- Autism Therapeutics
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
- Daiichi Sankyo Co., Ltd.
- Dr. Reddy'S Laboratories Ltd.
- Eli Lilly And Co.
- Eisai Co. Ltd.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ag
- Glaxosmithkline Plc
- Gedeon Richter Plc
- Immunocellular Therapeutics, Ltd.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Lannett Co., Inc.
- H. Lundbeck A/S
- Lupin Ltd.
- Merck & Co
- Mylan Nv
- Nextsource Biotechnology Llc
- Novartis Ag
- Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Sun Pharma)
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- United Therapeutics Corp.
- UCB SA
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9rtly3
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets