DUBLIN, Aug 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Oral Proteins and Peptides Market (3rd Edition), 2018-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Oral Proteins and Peptides Market (3rd Edition), 2018-2030' report provides an extensive study on the current market landscape of orally administrable protein / peptide-based therapeutics, featuring a comprehensive discussion on the future potential of this evolving market. The field has captured the interest of several drug developers, including both small to mid-sized players and large companies. While more than half of these pipeline candidates are in the discovery / preclinical stages, around 28% of drug candidates are presently in advanced stages of evaluation (phase II and above).
Amongst other elements, the report features:
- A detailed assessment of the current market landscape of oral proteins / peptides, providing information on various drug developers, phase of development (clinical, preclinical or discovery stage) of product candidates, type of molecule (protein or peptide), biological target, mechanism of action, affiliated technology platform, key therapeutic area(s) and indication(s), and dosage.
- An in-depth analysis of the product pipeline and developer companies, featuring three schematic representations; these include [A] a four dimensional grid analysis, representing the distribution of oral proteins / peptides (on the basis of the type of molecule) across various target therapeutic areas and stages of development, [B] a logo landscape of the various industry and non-industry players involved in the development of oral protein / peptide-based drugs, distributed on the basis of phase of development of pipeline candidates and size of developer companies (small-sized, mid-sized and large companies), and [C] a schematic world map representation, highlighting the most active geographies, in terms of the presence of various industry players that are involved in the development of oral proteins / peptides.
- Details of recently held / upcoming conferences focused solely / partially on various aspects related to the oral delivery of proteins / peptides.
- A detailed analysis identifying the key opinion leaders (KOLs) in the field of oral proteins / peptides. This features a 2X2 analysis to assess the relative experience of certain KOLs, who were shortlisted based on their contributions (in terms of involvement in various clinical studies) to this field, and a schematic world map representation, highlighting the geographical locations of eminent scientists / researchers involved in the development of already marketed molecules in this domain.
- Identification of the most commonly targeted therapeutic indications, and details of the oral proteins / peptides being developed against them. The study presents information on epidemiology, available diagnostic tests, and details of current treatment options and their side effects.
- Comprehensive profiles of marketed and phase III drugs, highlighting their history of development, mechanism of action, dosage information , manufacturing information, current status of development, clinical trial information, key clinical trial results, historical sales and information on the developer.
- A case study, featuring profiles of three of the most popular orally administrable protein / peptide-based drugs belonging to other drug classes, namely cyclic peptides and pancreatic enzyme replacement therapies (PERTs), which are either commercialized or under development. Each profile provides an overview of the drug, history of development, chemical structure and mechanism of action, dosage information, clinical trial information, patent portfolio, and information on the other commercially available treatment options.
- A review of the various oral drug delivery technology platforms that are being used for the development of product candidates in this domain, highlighting their key features and providing information on their developers. Specifically, for each technology platform, we have captured information on the various components of the technology, approach / system being used, type of formulation and type of molecules(s) that can be delivered using the technology.
- Elaborate profiles of the technologies that are presently being used in the development of three or more products / product candidates (in both preclinical and clinical stages of development) with at least one candidate in the clinical stages of development, along with technologies for which the drugs are in advanced clinical stages of development (phase III and above). Each profile features an overview of the developer and technology, mechanism of action, key advantages, pipeline molecules developed using the technology and recent developments specific to the technology (acquisitions / mergers, collaborations and expansions).
- An insightful 2X2 analysis of the different oral delivery technology platforms that are presently being utilized for the generation of oral proteins / peptides. The analysis is based on the supplier power (represented in terms of venture funding activity and company size) and product competitiveness (represented in terms of development activity (number of drugs in both preclinical / clinical stages of development), indication coverage, partnerships activity).
- An analysis of the partnerships that have been established in the recent past, covering product development / commercialization agreements, R&D collaborations, technology licensing deals, manufacturing agreements, merger / acquisitions, product licensing deals, clinical trial collaborations and others.
- An analysis of the investments made at various stages of development in companies that are focused in this area, including seed financing, venture capital financing, debt financing, grants, capital raised from IPOs and subsequent offerings.
- A publication analysis, featuring inputs from close to 90 articles that have been published in 2017, highlighting the key focus areas of the ongoing research activity in this field.
- An analysis depicting the prevalent and emerging trends related to this domain as represented on the social media platform, Twitter. In addition to providing information on quarterly trends related to the volume of tweets in 2017, the analysis highlights the most talked about biological targets, drug candidates, active players, technology platforms, disease indications, and therapeutic areas.
- A detailed case study on protein / peptide contract manufacturing, featuring a list of over 140 CMOs that are currently offering contract manufacturing services for such products / product candidates.
- A discussion on affiliated trends, key drivers and challenges, under a SWOT framework. The analysis features a Harvey ball analysis, highlighting the relative effect of each SWOT parameter on the overall oral proteins / peptides market.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1. Scope of the Report
1.2. Research Methodology
1.3. Chapter Outlines
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Chapter Overview
3.2. Comparison of Biologics and Small Molecules
3.3. An Introduction to Proteins
3.4. An Introduction to Peptides
3.5. Routes of Delivery for Proteins / Peptides
3.6. Oral Delivery of Proteins / Peptides
3.7. Approaches Used for Structural and Bioavailability Enhancement
3.8. Concluding Remarks
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.1. Chapter Overview
4.2. Oral Proteins / Peptides: Development Pipeline
4.3. Oral Proteins / Peptides: Terminated / Discontinued Candidates
5. KEY INSIGHTS
5.1. Chapter Overview
5.2. Oral Proteins / Peptides Pipeline: Target Therapeutic Areas
5.3. Oral Proteins / Peptides Pipeline: Developer Landscape
5.4. Oral Proteins / Peptides Pipeline: Regional Landscape (Industry Players)
5.5. Oral Proteins / Peptides: Recent / Upcoming Conferences
6. KOL ANALYSIS
6.1. Chapter Overview
6.2. Current Research Landscape
6.3. Linzess and Trulance: Key Opinion Leaders
6.4. Most Prominent Key Opinion Leaders
7. KEY THERAPEUTIC AREAS
7.1. Chapter Overview
7.2. Metabolic Disorders
7.3. Digestive and Gastrointestinal Disorders
7.4. Infectious Diseases
7.5. Autoimmune Disorders
7.6. Hormonal Disorders
7.7. Bone Disorders
8. MARKETED AND LATE-STAGE DRUG PROFILES
8.1. Chapter Overview
8.2. Linzess / Constella / Linaclotide (Ironwood Pharmaceuticals)
8.3. Trulance / Plecanatide (Synergy Pharmaceuticals)
8.4. TBRIA / OSTORA / Oral Calcitonin (Tarsa Therapeutics / Enteris BioPharma)
8.5. ALLN-177 (Allena Pharmaceuticals)
8.6. Mycapssa / Octreolin / Oral Octreotide (Chiasma Pharma)
8.7. NTRA-2112 (Nutrinia)
8.8. Oral Semaglutide / NN9924 / OG217SC (Novo Nordisk / Emisphere Technologies)
9. CASE STUDIES: MINIRIN, SANDIMMUNE AND SOLLPURA
9.1. Chapter Overview
9.2. Minirin / DDAVP (Ferring Pharmaceuticals)
9.3. Sandimmune / Neoral (Novartis)
9.4. Sollpura / Liprotamase (Anthera Pharmaceuticals)
10. ORAL DRUG DELIVERY TECHNOLOGY PLATFORMS
10.1. Chapter Overview
10.2. Oral Drug Delivery: List of Technology Platforms
10.3. Technology Profiles
11. PRODUCT COMPETITIVENESS ANALYSIS
11.1. Chapter Overview
11.2. Scope and Methodology
11.3. Product Competitiveness Analysis: Key Technologies
12. FUNDING AND INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
12.1. Chapter Overview
12.2. Types of Funding
12.3. Oral Proteins / Peptides: Funding and Investment Analysis
12.4. Concluding Remarks
13. RECENT COLLABORATIONS
13.1. Chapter Overview
13.2. Partnership Models
13.3. Oral Proteins / Peptides: List of Partnerships
13.4. Partnership Analysis
14. PUBLICATION ANALYSIS
14.1. Chapter Overview
14.2. Oral Proteins / Peptides: List of Publications, 2017
15. EMERGING TRENDS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
15.1. Chapter Overview
15.2. Oral Proteins / Peptides: Trends on Twitter
15.3. Year-Wise Activity Analysis (2013-2017)
15.4. Popular Keywords
15.5. Popular Therapeutic Areas
15.6. Popular Biological Targets
15.7. Popular Technology Platforms
15.8. Popular Drugs
15.9. Popular Players
16. MARKET FORECAST AND OPPORTUNITY ANALYSIS
16.1. Chapter Overview
16.2. Scope and Limitations
16.3. Forecast Methodology
16.4. Overall Oral Proteins / Peptides Market, 2018-2030
16.5. Oral Proteins / Peptides Market: Product-Wise Sales Forecasts
17. CASE STUDY: PROTEIN / PEPTIDE MANUFACTURING
17.1. Chapter Overview
17.2. Key Steps Involved in Protein / Peptide Manufacturing
17.3. Challenges Associated with Protein / Peptide Manufacturing
17.4. Current Scenario of Protein / Peptide Manufacturing
17.5. Growing Demand for Contract Manufacturing
18. SWOT ANALYSIS
18.1. Chapter Overview
18.2. Comparison of SWOT Factors
19.1. Advances in Oral Drug Delivery have Enabled the Development of Protein / Peptide Therapeutics Offering Improved Patient Compliance
19.2. The Field is Characterized by a Promising Development Pipeline, Featuring Molecules Against a Diverse Range of Biological Targets
19.3. Oral Protein / Peptide-based Therapeutics are being Designed to Treat a Wide Spectrum of Disease Indications; however, the Primary Focus is on Metabolic and Gastrointestinal Disorders
19.4. In Addition to Established Players, a Number of Start-ups, Backed by Venture Capital Investors, are Making Significant Contributions in this Domain
19.5. Several Stakeholders have Entered into Strategic Alliances Aimed at Promoting Research and Advancing Product Development Efforts
19.6. Post the Approval of Multiple Late-Phase Product Candidates, the Market is Anticipated to Grow Significantly in the Foreseen Future
19.7. Concluding Remarks
20. EXECUTIVE INSIGHTS
20.1. Chapter Overview
20.2. Anthera Pharmaceuticals
20.3. Carmot Therapeutics
20.4. IGY Life Sciences and Technology
20.5. Tarix Orphan
21. APPENDIX 1: TABULATED DATA
22. APPENDIX 2: LIST OF COMPANIES
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8tj9pk/global_oral?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets