DUBLIN, Sept. 10, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Square and Clover Delivering Merchant Services Beyond Payment Acceptance" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Square and Clover Delivering Merchant Services Beyond Payment Acceptance examines the success of Square and Clover as examples of a new approach to serving small businesses using marketplaces that provide choice and flexibility while using commodity hardware.
Small businesses suffer from a lack of expertise, financial services, and capital, leading to a failure rate of close to 50% within five years of start-up, according to the U.S. Small Business Administration. However, the market has been difficult for merchant acquirers to serve, due to price sensitivity, high risk, and a high cost of sales.
Instant onboarding is the sizzle, not the steak. While digitized and fast merchant onboarding looks great, small businesses need to understand the fee schedule and the complete range of solutions and apps that directly apply to their specific operational needs and future growth, commented the author of the report.
Highlights of this research report include:
- How Square pioneered an affordable, rapid acceptance service that appealed to a previously underserved market
- How First Data (now Fiserv) acquired Clover to create a competitor to Square with the reach and financial capabilities of the #1 merchant acquirer
- The introduction of the web-connected mobile point-of-sale market, combining a range of hardware solutions with a marketplace or app store approach, integrating a wide variety of apps
- How marketplaces add to profitability by creating sources of revenue beyond commodity transaction fees
- The restaurant sector as a key opportunity for web-enabled point-of-sale terminals
Key Topics Covered:
Merchants and Payment Providers Have an Adversarial History
Small Businesses Offer a Sizable Market Opportunity
Square mPOS as a Springboard for Small Business Solutions
- Vertical Market Solutions Drive Engagement
- Targeting the Life-Cycle Needs of Small Businesses
Clover Steps Up to Meet Small Merchants' Payment and Business Management Needs
- Clover Became a Crown Jewel for First Data
- Restaurant Solutions Drive a Key Vertical Market for Clover
- Clover App Store Serves as a Big Toolbox for Small Business
Reading the Fine Print on Transaction Fee Schedules
Merchants React Favorably to Square and Clover
Speed of Onboarding Should Not Determine a Merchant's Choice of Payments Vendor
Conclusions and Implications
- Related Research
- Bank of America Merchant Services
- Celtic Bank of Utah
- First Data
- Sam's Club
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kswq3a
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets