DUBLIN, Nov. 23, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Telecom Millimeter Wave Technology Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Frequency Band (V-band, E-band), by Licensing Type (Fully-licensed, Light-licensed, Unlicensed), by Application, and Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global telecom millimeter wave technology market size is projected to reach USD 7.38 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 37.01%.
Millimeter Waves (MMW) can transmit a large amount of data efficiently, operating in the electromagnetic spectrum of 30 GHz to 300 GHz. Millimeter waves are also known as Extremely High-Frequency (EHF) waves owing to its operational frequency spectrum. The property of transmitting a large amount of data has made the technology popular across the telecommunication application.
The MMW technology industry is prominently dependent on the applications in various verticals where it is used extensively. Major application areas include telecommunication, military and defense, security services, and medical and healthcare. Evolution of 5G technology is likely to occur over the coming years on account of recent developments and continuous research and progress in the telecom industry.
Millimeter waves are anticipated to play a vital role in the development of fifth-generation technology on account of the technology's demand for higher-bandwidth. The 5G technology is predicted to emerge in the coming years and the market is likely to witness its adoption significantly. Eventually, the demand for MMW technology is expected to boost, in turn, propelling the overall MMW technology market, particularly across the telecom industry.
Increased government funding and initiatives coupled with intensive R&D carried out from the military and private sectors are leading towards the improvement of the MMW technology. In addition, the E-band frequency segment having extensive application in the telecommunication sector is estimated to generate the highest revenue. The E-band frequency segment is projected to keep on dominating in the telecom industry owing to the growing telecom applications. Therefore, the overall telecom millimeter wave technology market is poised to witness significant growth worldwide over the forecast period at a notable pace.
Telecom Millimeter Wave Technology Market Report Highlights
- North America accounted for the largest market share in the telecom MMW technology market owing to the technology's early and greater adoption rate
- U.S. being the highest revenue generating country in 2019 in North America, the regional market is predicted to exhibit steady growth over the forecast period
- E-band frequency segment is anticipated to grow rapidly over the estimated duration owing to its extensive adoption in the telecom applications
- The telecom industry in the Asia Pacific is poised to expand substantially over the coming years, and the E-band frequency segment is likely to witness lucrative opportunity in the regional telecom industry
- Besides, growing urbanization in the Asia Pacific region and competition amongst the telecom service providers to offer superior quality of internet and other related services in order to enlarge customer base is another factor expected to drive the telecom MMW technology market
- Online streaming of high-quality videos, online gaming, and other entertainment stuff which demand high bandwidth and consume heavy data are again likely to fuel the overall demand for MMW technology in the telecom sector globally
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Telecom Millimeter Wave Technology - Industry Snapshot & Key Buying Criteria, 2016 - 2027
Chapter 3 Industry Outlook
3.1 Market Segmentation
3.2 Telecom Millimeter Wave Technology - Market Size and Growth Prospects
3.3 Telecom Millimeter Wave Technology - Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Telecom Millimeter Wave Technology - Market Dynamics
3.4.1 Market driver analysis
18.104.22.168 Growing demand from the bandwidth-intensive applications and the telecommunication sector
22.214.171.124 Increasing adoption of MMW technology in telecommunication sector and emerging 5G technology
3.4.2 Market restraint analysis
126.96.36.199 Range limitations, line-of-sight communication, and environmental factors interfering the propagation
3.5 Industry Analysis - Porter's
3.6 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.7 Telecom Millimeter Wave Technology - PEST Analysis
Chapter 4 Telecom Millimeter Wave Technology Market: Frequency Band Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Telecom MMW Technology Market: Frequency Band Movement Analysis
188.8.131.52 Market estimates and forecast, 2019 - 2027 (USD Million)
184.108.40.206 Market estimates and forecast by region, 2019 - 2027 (USD Million)
4.1.3 Other Frequency Bands
Chapter 5 Telecom Millimeter Wave Technology Market: Licensing Type Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Telecom MMW Technology Market: Licensing Type Movement Analysis
220.127.116.11 Market estimates and forecast, 2019 - 2027 (USD Million)
18.104.22.168 Market estimates and forecast by region, 2019 - 2027 (USD Million)
Chapter 6 Telecom Millimeter Wave Technology Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1 Telecom MMW Technology Market: Application Movement Analysis
22.214.171.124 Market estimates and forecast, 2019 - 2027 (USD Million)
126.96.36.199 Market estimates and forecast by region, 2019 - 2027 (USD Million)
Chapter 7 Telecom Millimeter Wave Technology: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
7.1 Telecom MMW Technology market share by region, 2019 & 2027
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 Company Overview
8.1.2 Financial Performance
8.1.3 Product Benchmarking
8.1.4 Recent Developments
- Aviat Networks, Inc.
- BridgeWave Communications, Inc.
- E-Band Communications, LLC
- Farran Technology Ltd.
- Keysight Technologies, Inc.
- LightPointe Communications, Inc.
- Millitech, Inc.
- QuinStar Technology, Inc.
- SAGE Millimeter, Inc.
- Siklu Communication Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5uv7q8
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets