DUBLIN, Jan. 26, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The "TV White Space Spectrum - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
World's Insatiable Appetite for Spectrum Feeds a US$197.8 Million Projected Global Opportunity for TV White Space Spectrum
The global market for TV White Space Spectrum is projected to reach US$197.8 million by the year 2027, trailing a post COVID-19 CAGR of 54.3% over the analysis period 2020 through 2027.
The global TV white space spectrum market is set to record substantial growth in the coming years due to a number of favorable drivers and extensive adoption of the technology. Internet traffic is forecast to grow by over 26% per year while traffic from mobile devices will grow to account for 70% of all IP traffic.
Increased wireless capacity under this scenario can offer invaluable benefits for ISPs in improving QoS and expanding broadband reach to rural areas. TVWS spectrum sharing increases radio spectrum for Internet access by allowing communication on frequencies which are currently not fully utilized. The FCC's decision to legislate geolocation tagging to white space devices is a major win for the market as it unlocks TV white space spectrum for internet use.
TV white space spectrum is finding increasing adoption in rural regions to push broadband connectivity. The technology presents a compelling, cost-effective option to enable rural broadband for remote areas, which is providing a major impetus to the market growth. The market is also benefitting from ongoing innovations across both developed and developing countries. In the coming years, the technology is anticipated to play a pivotal role in satiating the demand for affordable and efficient broadband services to remote areas.
The TV white space spectrum market is propelled by increasing penetration of Super Wi-Fi or TV white space spectrum communications for covering long distances. Factors such as increasing focus on M2M, IoT, smart grid networks and urban connectivity are expected to bolster the market growth. The technology is likely to find use to address issues related to communications between smart meters deployed at customer homes and control centers.
The concern is driving various companies to rely on TV white space spectrum-based communication for offering middle-mile connectivity to support smart meters and smart grid solutions. On the other hand, smart grid applications are not bandwidth-intensive and require fewer channels. The low bandwidth requirement is prompting various countries to consider TV white space spectrum-based communication channel. Smart grid control centers can leverage the communication network for middle-wire connectivity between smart metering devices and control centers.
However, interference of TV white space spectrum with available TV bands remains a major concern. In addition, the market growth is hampered by irregularities associated with regulations and standards along with slow commercialization of the technology.
Competitors identified in this market include, among others:
- Adaptrum, Inc.
- Atdi S.A.
- Aviacomm Inc.
- Carlson Wireless Technologies, Inc.
- Google LLC
- Keybridge LLC.
- Kts Wireless
- Meld Technology Inc.
- Metric Systems Corporation
- Microsoft Corporation
- Shared Spectrum Company
Key Topics Covered:
I. INTRODUCTION, METHODOLOGY & REPORT SCOPE
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- Network Connectivity Platforms Exhibit Resilience to COVID-19 Pandemic: Effective Broadband Option to Connect People & Things
- TV White Space Spectrum: Vacant Spectrum Parts with Immense Potential for Affordable Internet Connectivity
- Creation of TV White Space Spectrum in US and UK
- Key Features & Capabilities of TV White Space Spectrum
- Devices Leveraging TV White Space Spectrum
- Regulatory Regime
- Rising Connectivity & Need for Broadband Internet in Rural Areas Offer Ideal Breeding Ground for Global TV White Space Spectrum Market
- Key Factors Responsible for Explosive Growth of TV White Space Spectrum Market
- FCC Rule Change: A Harbinger of Good Times
- Portable Devices: The Largest Segment to Experience Fastest Growth
- Rural Internet Access: Primary End-Use Leads the Application Market
- North America Emerges as Thriving Market for TV White Space Spectrum
- Competitive Scenario
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- TV White Space for Addressing Digital Divide Issues Globally
- Increasing Applications for TV White Space Infrastructure
- Technology Improvements Guide Market Expansion
- Rural Broadband: High Growth Area for TV White Space Technologies
- TV White Space Gains Traction in Rural Broadband in North America
- TV White Space: An Enabler for Rural Internet in India
- TV White Space Eyes Opportunities in Urban Connectivity
- Smart Homes Increase Urban Connectivity Demands
- Growing Relevance in Emergency & Public Safety Applications
- TV White Spaces: Key to Connect the Smart Electricity Grid
- Transportation and Logistics: Niche End-Use Sector
- Connected Cars Extend Lucrative Opportunities
- Market to Benefit from Growing Importance of Intelligent Highway
- Smart Cities to Drive Growth
- Rising Emphasis on IoT Enthuses TV White Space Market
- Efforts from Industry Associations Augur Well
- Transition to Digital TV Paves the Way for TV White Space Spectrum Market
- TV White Space Standards
- Regulatory Framework for Utilizing TV White Space
- Issues & Challenges
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
- GEOGRAPHIC MARKET ANALYSIS
- Total Companies Profiled: 25
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/nmd69f
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets