DUBLIN, Aug 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Wearable Subcutaneous Drug Delivery" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
As new drugs become available for the treatment of an expanding list of health conditions, drug developers have increasingly pursued packaging and delivery options that simplify the administration process and increase the efficiency and reliability with which the drug can be introduced into the patient.
For injectable drugs, this pursuit has led to an accelerated evolution in injection device design, creating new opportunities and choices for drug marketers. As the administration of injectables moves increasingly from practitioner offices and healthcare facilities to patient homes, decisions regarding as-supplied packaging that were once considered boilerplate have moved to the early stages of the development process.
A wide spectrum of device attributes, including form factor, device-patient interaction, security and safety, dosing, activation, off-device communication, and drug formulation factors have been incorporated into drug injection devices. Over time, these initiatives will come to be expected by patients in injectable drugs.
What You Will Learn
- What wearable subcutaneous injection devices for drug delivery have been approved for marketing, and what are the key market segments, market dynamics and market demographics?
- What are the therapeutic demand drivers for wearable drug delivery systems?
- What are the key design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues?
- What is the market today, who are the leaders, and what will it look like in 2024?
- Who are the competitors and participants in the wearable subcutaneous drug delivery segment, and what are their product development activities, business strategies, and business alliances and affiliations?
- What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on wearable injector drug delivery injector drug delivery market?
Who Should Read This Report
- Drug Developers
- Device Suppliers
- Clinical Trial Mgmt
- Pharma Managers
- Biotech Managers
- Drug Marketers
- Industry Strategists
- Financial Analysts
- Management Consultants
- Clinical Managers
- Drug Distributors
- Pharma Regulators
- FDA Consultants
- Managed Care Managers
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. SC Drug Delivery Market Segment Dynamics
- Drug Development Trends
- Drug Delivery Device Evolution
- SC System Enabling Technologies
- Wearable Patch Subcutaneous Design Factors
- Device/System Architecture
- Product Migration
- Volumes & Viscosities
- Device Electronics
- Accuracy and Dosing Variability
- Alerts and Patient Notification
3. Product Analysis and Assessments
4. Becton Dickinson
- Omnipod (Insulet)
- Patch Pumps (Sensile Medical)
- SmartDose (West
- YpsoDose (Ypsomed)
- Electronic Semi-disposable
- E3D Patch Pump (Elcam)
- Mechanical Disposable
- Enable Injector
- Captive Devices
- sc2Wear Infusor (scPharmaceuticals)
- PatchPump (SteadyMed)
- Product Specific Devices
- Neulasta OnPro Injector (Amgen)s
5. Therapeutic Segment Analysis and Market Data
- Blood Factors
- Reproductive Health
- Market Factors
- Regulatory Issues
- IP and Patents
- Healthcare Economics
6. Company Profiles
- Becton Dickinson
- Sensile Medical
- West Pharmaceuticals
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cp5wpm/global_wearable?w=5
Did you know that we also offer Custom Research? Visit our Custom Research page to learn more and schedule a meeting with our Custom Research Manager.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets