SANTA BARBARA, Calif., May 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Green Hills Software, the global leader in high-assurance real-time operating systems and virtualization, will showcase their industry-leading technology for automotive electronics and secure IoT devices as a Gold Sponsor at TU-Automotive Detroit, June 6-7 in Novi, MI. See our latest innovative solutions for securing the connected car, creating trusted autonomous vehicle intelligence, and consolidating complex automotive cockpit software in safe and secure domains. Meet with us to discuss your project's challenges and goals with our embedded systems experts.
Green Hills Software Presentations at TU-Automotive
Presentation – Building Automotive Security from the Inside Out
Joe Fabbre (Green Hills Software)
Wednesday, June 6 – 4:10pm – 4:40pm
Many cybersecurity techniques focus on securing the perimeter of critical computer systems and recovering in the event of failure. In this talk we'll take a new perspective on building safe and secure systems.
- Take a holistic view of cybersecurity for automotive systems from the bottom up
- Put a new spin on "defense in depth" for consolidated systems
- Establish safety and security as the top priorities driving the design of critical systems
Panel – Building the Autonomous Vehicle
Dan Mender (Green Hills Software), Alex Barth (Mapbox), Dr. Wei Luo (DeepMap), Curtis Hay (General Motors), Clint Wheelock (Tractica)
Wednesday, June 6 – 5:30pm – 6:00pm
The autonomous vehicle represents a paradigm shift in how vehicles will be designed in the future. From HMIs to OSes, nothing will ever be the same!
- Consider how to create a failsafe AV operating system through the application of a suite of co-existing operating systems e.g. Linux, iOS, synced through middleware software
- With the driver's focus off the road in an AV, consider how best to apply technologies, such as cameras and infrared sensors, to monitor alertness in the event of an L4 takeover scenario
- Turn your thoughts to HMI to develop a UX for consumers who no longer have to focus on driving, whilst maintaining alertness systems in the event of vehicle takeover
Roundtable – The Secure Connected Car
Chuck Brokish (Green Hills Software), Stefan Gudmundsson (u-blox)
Wednesday, June 6, 1:15pm – 2:00pm
Join Green Hills Software and u-blox for a roundtable on how to create the un-hackable Secure Connected Car Gateway. We will explore hardware, software and OS/Hypervisor solutions for secure vehicle communication that address the complex demands of electric and autonomous vehicles. Learn about:
- Creating a secure multi-technology router / internet access point in the car (LTE/5G, Wi-Fi, DSRC/V2X, Bluetooth & Ethernet)
- Developing a scalable solution that fits a wide range of vehicle models
- Enabling secure telematics and diagnostics features
Demonstrations in Green Hills booth #B157
- Securely consolidated Linux/Android infotainment applications run alongside safety-certified dashboard functions in scalable Integrated Cockpits.
- The Green Hills/ANSYS Autonomous Vehicle Platform is a model-based simulator and code generator that helps autonomous vehicle projects bridge the gap from R&D to ASIL-certified production deployments.
Renesas and Green Hills Software Connected Cockpit Vehicle
In a Dodge Ram 1500 truck, the INTEGRITY® RTOS and its Multivisor™ virtualization extension are the trusted foundation of the software-defined cockpit, allowing ISO 26262-certified applications to safely and securely coexist with Android, with freedom from interference on a single R-Car H3 SoC. Highlights include multiple screens for 3D instrument cluster, navigation, driver facial recognition, live system diagnostics, shared GPU and OpenGL.
The Renesas and Green Hills Connected Cockpit Vehicles will be demonstrated in the Renesas Zone in the parking lot during show hours and at the GENIVI Automotive Networking Reception at the Michigan Beer Company on June 6 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm.
About Green Hills Software
Founded in 1982, Green Hills Software is the worldwide leader in embedded safety and security. In 2008, the Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 RTOS was the first and only operating system to be certified by NIAP (National Information Assurance Partnership comprised of NSA & NIST) to EAL 6+, High Robustness, the highest level of security ever achieved for any software product. Our open architecture integrated development solutions address deeply embedded, absolute security and high-reliability applications for the military/avionics, medical, industrial, automotive, networking, consumer and other markets that demand industry-certified solutions. Green Hills Software is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, with European headquarters in the United Kingdom. Visit Green Hills Software at www.ghs.com.
Green Hills, the Green Hills logo, INTEGRITY and Multivisor are trademarks or registered trademarks of Green Hills Software in the U.S. and/or internationally. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Green Hills Software