MINNEAPOLIS, Sept. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- With the Lyric™ family of products, Honeywell (NYSE: HON) believes that having a comfortable, connected home should be possible no matter the season, schedule, or location. With fall and winter approaching, Honeywell introduces the new Lyric T5 Wi-Fi thermostat, the latest of Honeywell's home products to have Apple HomeKit™* compatibility for simple, secure control using voice with Siri, or the new Apple Home app in iOS 10. The Lyric T5 delivers comfort when you're home and savings when you're away, with a sleek, minimalist design, and the smart features and support that customers trust. The T5 is also compatible with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices and Stringify, with other partners on the way.
The Lyric T5 joins Honeywell's suite of devices powered by the newly updated Lyric app, including the Lyric Round™ Wi-Fi thermostat and Lyric Wi-Fi Water Leak and Freeze Detector. Designed to adapt to the dynamic and unpredictable schedules of today's families, the Lyric T5 uses technology that is already in customers' pockets: their smartphones (iOS or Android). Using the location of the smartphone(s) via geofencing technology, the Lyric T5 saves money by going into energy saving mode when someone leaves, and detects when the first person returns to start making the home comfortable ahead of his or her arrival. The geofencing can be customized to a distance of miles away or just around the corner from the home, or customers can set up the Lyric T5 with a more traditional seven-day schedule. The Lyric T5 also features smart alerts for extreme temperatures or humidity inside the home, filter change reminders, and more.
"Feeling connected and in control at home can factor into how comfortable we feel, perhaps as much as the actual temperature can," said Jeremy Eaton, vice president of Honeywell's Home Comfort business. "The Lyric T5 thermostat gives people even more choice, easy connectivity, and control, along with the reliability and innovation for which Honeywell is known."
The Lyric T5 thermostat also combines:
- Classic styling: The glossy black, touch-sensitive display with dark gray trim adds a subtle look to a home's décor
- Lyric app (V3): Adjusting home comfort – and settings – is possible from nearly anywhere (or simply make changes right on the thermostat itself)
- Fits a home as it grows: With support for other Honeywell Lyric products, Apple HomeKit with Siri, Amazon Alexa-enabled devices, Stringify, and more, the Lyric T5 fits into a home's technology ecosystem as it evolves
- Auto changeover: The Lyric T5 can be set to determine if the home's system should be in heating or cooling mode to provide maximum comfort
- Smart response: Able to learn a home's heating and cooling cycles, the Lyric T5 can then adapt to bring the home to the optimized temperature at the requested time
- Smart alerts: The Lyric T5 can send reminders about filter changes, warn of extreme temperatures inside the home, and more
- HomeKit support: Easily and securely control the Lyric T5 across Apple devices in iOS 10 using the new Home app, Siri voice control, and quick actions in Control Center. Set scenes, which enable multiple accessories to work in combination, all with a single command
The Honeywell Lyric T5 Wi-Fi Thermostat will be available in October for $149 (MSRP) online and at select retail stores. To learn more, including about other Lyric products and T Series thermostats, as well as how Honeywell is shaping the homes of today and tomorrow, please visit http://yourhome.honeywell.com, follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/Honeywell_Home), and connect with us on Facebook (http://facebook.com/HoneywellHome).
* Apple HomeKit requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.1 or later. Remote access for HomeKit-enabled products requires an Apple TV (3rd generation or later) running Apple TV software 7.0 or later, and an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.1 or later.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160926/412099
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160926/412100
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160926/412101
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160926/412102