LOS ANGELES, March 18, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- IDrive Online Backup has introduced IDrive Compute, a reliable, high-performance VPS hosting solution with a newly built-out network of 20 US based Edge Computing locations. IDrive® Compute enables developers and businesses to host multiple NVMe-powered instances on an infrastructure loaded with powerful physical servers and robust hardware resources, all managed off-premise. IDrive® Compute's Edge locations improve efficiency by reducing latency and improving performance. Collecting, analyzing or even just passing through the data at an edge closest to the end-user instead of a centralized cloud or server ensures faster response, efficient business operations that promotes a strong and fast-performing business ecosystem.
With IDrive® Compute, businesses along with developers can create and manage multiple virtual machines, run projects with little latency, schedule backups for the instances, take snapshots in real-time, and attach more space to them with block-storage. The VPS infrastructure lets users accommodate computing projects of any scale and size.
VPS hosting is available in the following packages:
- Shared CPU - starting at $0.0074/per hour or $5/month for 1 CPU Core, 1GB RAM Memory, 20GB NVMe and 1TB of bandwidth transfer.
- Dedicated CPU comes in three different options: CPU-Optimized, Memory-Optimized and Storage-Optimized
Users can spin up a virtual instance in seconds, allowing for faster connectivity and minimal latency to run large-scale workloads via a distributed edge computing network. These instances can be customized based on need, letting users pick an appropriate Linux distribution, decide CPU size, and get add-ons such as enabling backup and private IP functionalities.
Compute also gives users the ability to create and add block storage volumes to expand the storage for a Compute instance. Data stored in the volumes remains intact even if the corresponding instance is deleted, letting users connect the volume to another instance to access the data.
IDrive® Compute comes with many cloud edge computing features that are ideal for a wide range of applications, including:
- Centralized management - manage compute instances, volumes, snapshots, backups, users and billing from a unified web console.
- Operating system of choice - select from standard Linux distributions CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE Leap, Debian to build the virtual machines.
- Scheduled backup - safeguard a compute instance from failure and reduce its downtime during a disaster by enabling scheduled backup.
- Expandable storage - Increase the storage capacity of compute instances by adding high-speed volumes as secondary storage.
- Live snapshots - take real-time snapshots of instances for point-in-time recovery and creating new instances.
- High throughput - manage heavy traffic for instances and run compute-intensive applications without any network lag.
- Anywhere access - access a virtual server with the public IP from anywhere across the globe with an active internet connection.
- Security and Compliance - protect instances from malicious attacks by implementing SSH Key-based authentication and firewalls. Meet compliance requirements laid out by Federal business regulatory bodies.
IDrive® Compute offers a pay-as-you-use pricing model with on-demand scalability so businesses can scale their computing infrastructure as their requirements increase. Pricing remains consistent across all regions, with no hidden charges for specific regions.
IDrive Inc. is a privately held company specializing in cloud storage, online backup, file sharing, remote access, compliance and related technologies. Core services include IDrive®,RemotePC™ and IBackup. The company's services help over 4 million customers back up over 200 Petabytes of data.
SOURCE IDrive Inc.