PARIS, April 28, 2011 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Imerys held today Its Ordinary & Extraordinary Shareholders' Meeting - Approval of 2010 financial statements and of EUR1.20 dividend per share to be paid out from May 11, 2011 - Composition of the Board of Directors - Financial authorizations Its Board of Directors - Mr. Gilles Michel appointed Chairman & CEO - Mr. Aimery Langlois-Meurinne appointed Vice-Chairman
Approval of 2010 financial statements
At the Ordinary & Extraordinary General Meeting, the shareholders approved the statutory and consolidated financial statements for 2010, which report net income form current operations, Group share, of EUR240.3 million, up + 101.6% compared with 2009.
The Shareholders' General Meeting approved the distribution of a EUR1.20 dividend per share, a + 20% increase from financial 2009. This dividend will be paid out from May 11, 2011.
The other resolutions adopted by the Ordinary & Extraordinary Shareholders' Meeting relate in particular to:
- The regulated agreements and commitments concluded by the Company for the benefit of its Executive Corporate Officers;
- The ratification of the appointment of Mr. Gilles Michel as a Director;
- The renewal of Mr. Aimery Langlois-Meurinne, Mr. Gerard Buffiere, Mr. Aldo Cardoso, Mr. Maximilien de Limburg Stirum, Mr. Jacques Veyrat and the appointment of Mrs. Arielle Malard de Rothschild as Directors for a term of office of three years;
- The renewal, in favor of the Board of Directors, of the authorization for the Company to buy back its own shares ;
- The renewal, in favor of the Board of Directors, of all the customary financial authorizations to increase share capital by the issuance of shares or securities, with or without preferential subscription rights for existing shareholders ;
- The renewal, in favor of the Board of Directors, of all the specific authorizations for the purposes of reserving a capital increase, granting stock options for the subscription and/or purchase of shares and performance shares, and issuing stock warrants, entailing the waiver by existing shareholders of their preferential subscription rights, for the benefit of employees and/or corporate officers.
The Board of Directors, meeting today, appointed Mr. Gilles Michel as Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of Imerys for his term of office as Director and Mr. Aimery Langlois-Meurinne as Vice-Chairman and as Lead Director.
Availability of information
The present press release is available on the Group's website http://www.imerys.com, and can be consulted from the home page in the "Press Releases" section.
Financial communication agenda
- 1st half 2011 results: July 29, 2011;
- 3rd quarter 2011 results: November 3, 2011.
These dates are given for guidance only and may be updated on the Group's website at the address http://www.imerys.com, in the Investors & Analysts / Financial Agenda section.
The world leader in adding value to minerals, Imerys is active in 47 countries through more than 240 industrial and commercial sites. The Group achieved EUR3.3 billion in sales in 2010. Imerys mines and processes minerals from reserves with rare qualities in order to develop solutions that improve its customers' product performance and manufacturing efficiency. The Group's products have a great many applications in everyday life, including construction, personal care, paper, paint, plastic, ceramics, telecommunications and beverage filtration.
More comprehensive information about Imerys may be obtained from its website (http://www.imerys.com) under Regulated Information, particularly in its Document de Reference filed with Autorite des marches financiers on March 31, 2011 under number D.11-0205 (also available from the Autorite des marches financiers website, www.amf-france.org). Imerys draws the attention of investors to chapter 4, "Risk Factors", of its Document de Reference.
Analyst/Investor Relations: Pascale Arnaud - +33-(0)1-49-55-63-91 firstname.lastname@example.org Press contacts: Pascale Arnaud - +33-(0)1-49-55-63-91 /66-55 Matthieu Roquet Montegon - +33-(0)6-16-92-80-65