Revolution in cancer therapy to be driven by new diagnostics. Histology, genomics and liquid biopsy converge.
This is a complex area but this readable report will bring the entire management team up to speed, on both the technology and the opportunity.
A revolution in cancer therapy is underway. A new therapy based on using the body's natural immune defences is having unprecedented success. But diagnostics, especially biomarkers are desperately needed to help select the right therapy.
The technology is moving faster than the market. The impact on the health care industry is enormous. Tumor Mutational Burden? Checkpoint Inhibitors? Cytokines? Find out about the technology in readily understood terms that explain the jargon. Find opportunities and pitfalls. Understand growth expectations and the ultimate potential market size.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction and Market Definition 1.1 What are Immuno-Oncology Diagnostics? 1.2 Immuno-oncology - the looming cure 1.2.1 Immuno-oncology Diagnostics Takes a Leading Role 1.3 Market Definition 1.3.1 Market Size 1.3.2 Currency 1.3.3 Years 1.4 Methodology 1.5 U.S. Medical Market and laboratory Testing - Perspective
2. Immunotherapy - Guide to Immune Technologies 2.0 The Immune System 2.0.1 Innate immune system 184.108.40.206 Surface barriers 220.127.116.11 Inflammation 18.104.22.168 Complement system 22.214.171.124 Cellular barriers 126.96.36.199 Natural killer cells 2.0.2 Adaptive immune system 188.8.131.52 Lymphocytes 184.108.40.206 Killer T cells 220.127.116.11 Helper T cells 18.104.22.168 Gamma delta T cells 22.214.171.124 B lymphocytes and antibodies 2.0.3 Tumor immunology - the immune surveillance system 2.1 Immuno OncologyDiagnostics 2.1.1 Checkpoint Assays 126.96.36.199 Outlook for Checkpoint Assays 2.1.2 Cytokine Assays 188.8.131.52 Outlook for Cytokine Assays 2.1.3 Genomic Germline 184.108.40.206 Outlook for Genomic Germline 2.1.4 Genomic Tumour 220.127.116.11 Outlook for Genomic Tumour 2.1.5 Tumor Microenvironment 18.104.22.168 Outlook for Tumor Micro Environment 2.1.6 Others 22.214.171.124 Outlook for Other Diagnostics
3. Industry Overview 3.1 Players in a Dynamic Market 3.1.1 Academic Research Lab 3.1.2 Diagnostic Test Developer 3.1.3 Genomic Instrumentation Supplier 126.96.36.199 Cell Separation and Viewing Instrumentation Supplier 3.1.4 Pharmaceutical/Reagent Supplier 3.1.5 Independent Testing Lab 3.1.6 Public National/regional lab 3.1.7 Hospital lab 3.1.8 Physician Lab 3.1.9 Audit Body 3.1.10 Certification Body
4. Market Trends 4.1 Factors Driving Growth 4.1.1 Outcome potential 4.1.2 Companion Diagnostics 4.1.3 Funding 4.1.4 Technology Environment 4.1.5 Target Solutions 4.2 Factors Limiting Growth 4.2.1 Complex Role of Diagnostics 4.2.2 Clinical Trials Role 4.2.3 Protocols 4.3 Diagnostic Technology Development 4.3.1 Combinations - Issues and Complexity 4.3.2 Shifting Role of Diagnostics 4.3.3 Multiplexing and Foundation One 4.3.4 The Disruption Dynamic 4.3.5 The Race for Biomarkers 4.3.6 The Next Five Years
5. Cancer Immunotherapy Recent Developments 5.1 Recent Developments - Importance and How to Use This Section 5.1.1 Importance of These Developments 5.1.2 How to Use This Section
Novigenix and BioLizard to develop NGS Based Diagnostic Algorithm
Biodesix and Immodulon Collaborate for Pancreatic Cancer Treatment
Generex to Merge with NuGenerex Immuno-Oncology
Cellgen Diagnostics and Genomic Testing Cooperative Partner to Develop
Companion Diagnostics for Cancer Therapies
Hematogenix Launches FDA Approved Immuno-oncology Test for Triple-Negative
Icon Acquires MolecularMD
Guardant Health to Develop Companion Diagnostic Tests for AstraZeneca
Tumor Mutational Burden as Predictor of Immunotherapy Success
Foundation Medicine and Merck to Develop Diagnostic Tests for Keytruda
Bristol-Myers Squibb and Illumina to Develop Companion Diagnostics for Oncology
HalioDx announces high capacity IHC multiplex technology
MolecularMD to Implement Promega's Technology
NCI, NanoString Collaborate to Evaluate Utility of PanCancer Gene Expression Panel
MIODx to Develop Immune Repertoire Sequencing Assay to Predict Immunotherapy
Personal Genome Diagnostics Licenses Tumor Mutation Burden from MSKCC
HalioDx Closes 18.5M Series B Round
Announcement of the 2018 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
6. Profiles of Key Immunotherapy Companies
Caris Molecular Diagnostics
Charles River Laboratories
Cytolumina Technologies Corp.
HTG Molecular Diagnostics
Merck & Co., Inc
MRM Proteomics Inc
Myriad Genetics/Myriad RBM
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
Personal Genome Diagnostics
7. Global Market Size 7.1 Immuno-oncology Diagnostics Global Market Size by Country with Charts 7.2 Immuno-oncology Diagnostics Global Market Size by Type with Charts
8. Global Market by Type 8.1 Checkpoint Assay Market 8.1.1 Checkpoint Assay Market by Country with Chart 8.2 Cytokine Assay Market 8.2.1 Cytokine Assay Market by Country with Chart 8.3 Genome Germline Market 8.3.1 Genome Germline Market by Country with Chart 8.4 Genome Tumour Market 8.4.1 Genome Tumour Market by Country with Chart 8.5 Tumour Micro Environment Market 8.5.1 Tumour Micro Environment Market by Country with Chart 8.6 Other Market 8.6.1 Other Market by Country with Chart
9. Appendices 9.1 FDA Cancer Drug Approvals by Year 9.2 Clinical Trials Started 2010 to 2016 9.3 Prevalence of Cancer Treatments - 2015