DUBLIN, May 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Indian Agricultural Tractor Market - 2019-2023 - Market Dynamics, Competitive Landscape, OEMs Strategies & Plans, Trends & Growth Opportunities, Market Outlook" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The agriculture sector in India has traditionally been one of the largest employment generators employing almost 45% of the population and contributing to almost 15% of the GDP; a situation unlike most developed and emerging economies where these numbers are around 3%-5% and 1% to 3% (GDP contribution) respectively. The situation is further compounded by the fact that farmland sizes held by the farmers have been reducing, thereby, impacting the efficiency, overall productivity & farm output significantly with significant scope for efficient farming practices and mechanization based on custom-built solutions for the Indian market.
Tractor sales in India touched the peak of 600,000 units in FY2017-18 with a favorable overall environment with the industry still optimistic and anticipating tractor sales to reach the 8 lakh units level for FY2018-19 and reach the golden figure of 1 million units by the early to middle of next decade with industry sales projected to grow at an expected, steady rate of 6%-7% CAGR. This is given the fact that India has around 6 lakh villages and the sales of 6 lakh tractors for FY2017-18 means a penetration rate of mere 1 tractor per village which is bound to go up significantly over the medium term. Furthermore, India is forecasted to be the fastest growing economy in the world in 2019 and 2020 leveraging lower international crude oil prices and a continued, strong domestic economic growth momentum, as per IMF in its World Outlook report published in January 2019, with the GDP growth pegged at around 7.5%. However, geopolitical tensions & macroeconomic uncertainty marked by the resurgence of multi-polarity and protectionism along with regional issues, like BREXIT and the rising trade tensions pose a significant threat to world GDP growth going forward.
The Indian tractor market is dominated by aboriginal Indian OEMs, namely, Mahindra & Mahindra, TAFE & Escorts. Key international tractor manufacturers, namely, John Deere and CNH have been able to penetrate the market & establish a decent market presence over the two decades after having entered the country in the late 1990s through JVs and establishing their own industrial bases subsequently.
Currently, almost all industry OEMs are gearing up for the anticipated further surge in demand for new tractors over near to medium term through capacity expansion across their manufacturing facilities, development of new tractor models as well as technologies and growing international exports & expansion of presence across international markets.
Against this rapidly evolving industry & market backdrop, the report provides a comprehensive & holistic analysis on the Indian agricultural tractor market with a focus on a blend of quantitative & qualitative analysis. Part 1 of the report analyzes the current market size, drivers & competitive landscape for Agricultural Tractors. Part 2 provides analysis on key industry OEMs, including, business snapshot, product portfolio and insights into key strategies & plans being chalked out by these OEMs. Part 3 projects the likely market evolution over the medium term with analysis of key market & technological trends, issues & challenges, market developments & potential growth opportunities. The report concludes by analyzing market evolution and projecting demand outlook for agricultural tractors in India over the medium term.
The report will be useful for:
- Strategic Planning & Decision-Making process
- Analysis of Near to Medium Term Strategy Focus and Key Strategies & Plans for OEMs
- Identification of & Insights into Potential Growth Opportunities & Avenues
- Market Evolution & Demand Growth Projections over Medium Term
- Analysis of Key Market, Industry & Technology Trends and Developments likely to Shape Future
- Strategic Market Outlook, Evolution & Demand Growth Projections over Medium Term
Key Topics Covered:
Section 1 - Indian Agricultural Tractor Market
- Market Overview
- Market Size
- Key Drivers
- Key Segments
Section 2 - Competitive Landscape
- Indian Agricultural Tractor Market - Sales Split by Key Market Segments
- Indian Agricultural Tractor Market - Market Share by OEMs
- Analysis on OEMs
Section 3 - Top 12 Industry OEMs - Business Snapshot
- Founded/Start of Operations in India
- Key Business Segments
- Product Portfolio
- Revenue Base (For listed companies)
- Market Capitalization (For listed companies)
- Key Executives
- Shareholding/Ownership Structure
Section 4 - Product Portfolio Analysis & Industrial Footprint - Top 12 Industry OEMs
- Industrial Footprint in India -
- Manufacturing Plants - Assembly Lines and Component Manufacturing
- R&D Facilities & Technology Centre
- Design & Engineering Centers
- International Subsidiaries
- Major Product Platforms
- Key Programs & Models
- Key Competitors
Section 5 - OEM Strategies & Plans - Analysis of Strategies & Plans for Top 12 Industry OEMs
- Product Portfolio Strategies & Plans
- Market Specific Strategies & Plans
- R&D Strategies & Plans
- Growth Strategies & Plans
- Business and Corporate Strategies & Plans
- Sales & Marketing Strategies & Plans
- Production/Manufacturing Strategies & Plans
- Financial Strategies & Plans
- Acquisitions, Strategic Alliances & JVs
- Other Strategies & Strategic Initiatives
Section 6 - Key Trends
- Industry Trends
- Market Trends
- Technology Trends
Section 7 - Key Issues, Challenges & Risk Factors
Section 8 - Indian Agricultural Tractor Market - Force Field Analysis - Analysis of Driving & Restraining Forces and their Overall Dynamics
- Driving Forces
- Restraining Forces
Section 9 - Strategic Market Outlook through 2022
- Strategic Market Outlook - Analysis of Emerging Market Scenario
- Demand Growth Projections through 2023
- Insights into Potential Growth Opportunities
- Escorts Agri Machinery
- Force Tractors
- Gromax Agri Equipment Limited
- Indo Farm Equipment Limited
- John Deere India Pvt. Ltd.
- Kubota Agricultural Machinery India Pvt. Ltd.
- Mahindra Swaraj Tractors
- New Holland Fiat (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- SAME DEUTZ-FAHR India
- Sonalika International Tractors Ltd.
- TAFE Limited
- VST Tillers Tractors Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7resnh
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets