DUBLIN, Nov. 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Ionic Liquids: Environmentally Sustainable Solvent, Energy Storage and Separation Processes" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report reviews both global and regional ionic liquids markets for different end-use industries. The report analyzes the current market status and trends and provides growth forecasts for the five-year period of 2019 to 2024. The analysis also discusses R&D issues, including global regulatory scenarios and other commercialization hurdles. Additionally, this comprehensive report examines technology developers/manufacturers of biodegradable stents, their products and technologies and geographical product presence where data are available.
Ionic liquids are a small specialty chemical market that has recently started to receive attention from investors and end users. The industry is expanding slowly but steadily as suppliers struggle to keep pace with the global demand for alternative environmentally-friendly technologies across different applications including energy storage, industrial solvents, and biomass processing.
High manufacturing costs as a result of small-scale batch production are a primary barrier for the penetration of materials in end use applications. High raw material costs are hindering the number of players entering the market. As with other emerging technologies, cost benefits may not be immediately obvious due to the low volume of production. The publisher expects large-scale ionic liquid supply by 2022, along with at least a 70% decline in price. This will be associated with accoladed technology adoption and faster commercialization.
Security of supply and cost are the two major factors affecting the global IL market. Today, there are many suppliers of ionic liquids with production capacity varying from the gram scale to the multi-ton scale. As the demand for ionic liquids has not been established properly in many of its end use application market, suppliers are restricting their full capacity production or producing on a small scale. This has resulted in high production costs, and as a result, many end users do not find ionic liquids to be price competitive.
Though today there are an only limited number of commercial processes available that use ionic liquids, there is clearly a path forward that suggests that ionic liquid technologies are viable if costs can be controlled. The application market is dominated by startups and university spin-offs in partnership with conventional ionic liquid manufacturers. With the recent success commercialization and market adoption stories, ionic liquid technologies are certain to broaden in the coming years.
Supportive government regulations in many regions are anticipated to have a positive impact on the global ionic liquids market, especially for renewable technology applications. Stringent regulations banning certain toxic solvents and processed chemicals in various industry sectors, especially in developed regions such as the U.S. and Europe, are primarily propelling market growth. Incentives offered by governments, especially promoting the use of renewable sources, are expected to have a positive impact on global ionic liquids demand for the next five years.
The solvents and catalysts application market will remain the major end-use market for ionic liquids by both value and volume during the forecast period, followed by separation processes, biotechnology, and electrochemical devices. Overall, certain segments in the separation process market are expected to witness the fastest growth rate in the industry.
Advances in renewable energy harvesting have led to a pressing demand for the complementary energy storage technology that boosts opportunities for advanced electrolyte technologies, including ionic liquid-based electrolytes. These electrolytes hold tremendous opportunity in lithium-ion batteries (LiBs) for which the industry will still use organic solvents for quite a while until there are no real alternatives.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Methodology and Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- Custom Research
- Related Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
- Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Types of Ionic Liquids
- Imidazolium Ionic Liquids
- Pyridinium Ionic Liquids
- Ammonium Ionic Liquids
- Phosphonium Ionic Liquids
- Pyrrolidinium Ionic Liquids
- Piperidinium Ionic Liquids
- Generations of Ionic Liquids
- Physical and Chemical Properties
- Electrical Conductivity
- Electrochemical Stability
- Physical and Thermal Stability
- Ionic Liquid Synthesis Methods
- Acid Base Neutralization
- Industry Structure
- Cost of Ionic Liquids
- Value Chain Analysis
- Corporate R&D and Academic Research
- Technology Development (Both Process and Enabling Technologies)
- Regulatory Approvals, Standardization and Certifications
- Commercialization and End Product Development
- High Cost of Ionic Liquids
- Threat of Substitution from Alternatives
- Regulatory Compliance
- Pace of Change
- Lack of Knowledge
- Lack of Material Standardization
- Favorable Government Policies Toward Green, Ecofriendly and Sustainable Processes
- Application Versatility
- Rising Funding and Government Incentives
- Versatility in Compounding/Designing
- Technology and Market Trends
- Ionic Liquid-Based Technology Commercialization
- Eastman Chemical Co.
- Sigma Aldrich
- Queens University Ionic Liquids Laboratory (QUILL) and Petronas
- Air Products
- Linde Gas
- Proionic GmbH
- Central Glass Co. Ltd.
- NoHMs Technologies
- Eli Lilly
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Application
- Electrochemical Devices
- Electrolytes for Lithium-Ion Batteries (LiB)
- Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Demand Side Analysis for Biomass Pretreatment Processes
- Industrial Solvents and Catalysts
- Commercialization Initiatives
- Plasticizer/Polymer Additive
- Ionic Liquids as Lubricants
- Separation Processes
- Membrane Gas Separation
- Liquid-Liquid Extraction
- Extractive Distillation
- Metal Finishing
- Aluminium Electro-Deposition
- Chrome Electro-Plating
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Region
- Market Opportunity by Major Regions
- North America
- Rest of the World (ROW)
Chapter 6 Patent Review/ New Developments
- Patent Review
- Patent Review by Year
- Patent Review by Country
- Patent Review by Application
Chapter 7 Analysis of Market Opportunities
- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Bargaining Power of Customers
- Threat of New Entrants
- Threat of Substitutes
- Competitive Rivalry Between Existing Players
Chapter 8 Company Profiles
- Acros Organics
- Air Products And Chemicals Inc.
- Basf Se
- Central Glass Co.
- Chrysalix Technologies/Impareral Innovation
- Covalent Associates Inc.
- Evonik Industries Ag
- Henan Tianfu Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Honeywell Uop
- Ilco Chemicals Gmbh
- Institut Franais Du Ptrole (Ifp)
- Ionic Liquids Technologies Gmbh & Co. Kg (Iolitec)
- Jinkai Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Koei Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Kumidas Sa
- Linde Gas Gmbh
- Merck Kgaa
- Nohms Technologies
- Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas)
- Proionic Gmbh
- Queen'S University Ionic Liquid Laboratories (Quill)
- Reinste Nano Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
- Scionix Ltd.
- Solvay Sa
- Solvionic Sa
- Strem Chemicals Inc.
- Synthio Chemicals Llc
- Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem Pvt. Ltd.
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. (Tci)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vam8og
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets