SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Postgres Vision 2016, the international conference for technology and industry visionaries to explore the future of enterprise Postgres, open source, entrepreneurship, and innovation will feature global cloud and enterprise IT brands like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Avnet, EnterpriseDB®, Google, IBM, Infor, Pivotal, and Red Hat. Postgres Vision 2016 takes place October 11-13, 2016, at the iconic Innovation Hangar (iHangar) at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco.
TWEET: Steve Wozniak keynote @PostgresVision = Future of #Innovation #OpenSource, Oct 11-13, San Fran. Register $99. http://bit.ly/1TGMltl
Legendary entrepreneur and innovator Steve Wozniak, aka "Woz", co-founder of Apple, will deliver a keynote address about innovation and entrepreneurship. He headlines a lineup of more than 35 influential technology and business luminaries, Fortune 500 use cases, and members of the open source data management ecosystem, including an all-star lineup of Postgres community leaders. Kathleen Kennedy, President of MIT Enterprise Forum, will emcee the event.
In addition to keynote sessions, informational panels and presentations will be delivered across four tracks: business; open source community; developer; and ecosystem.
Postgres Vision will feature major figures in technology and government, such as:
- Industry leaders:
- Frank Fanzilli, Director of The Linux Foundation, and former global CIO of Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB);
- Pam Murphy, Chief Operating Officer, Infor;
- Carl Olofson, Research Vice President, Data Management Software Research, IDC; and
- Christopher Schroeder, former CEO, Washington Post/Newsweek Interactive; and author of the bestseller, Startup Rising: The Entrepreneurial Revolution Remaking the Middle East
- Technologists with experience transforming their organizations with open source:
- James Beutel, Chief Technology Officer, USTRANSCOM;
- Aaron Carreras, Senior Data Architect, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (FINRA);
- Don Gildore, Head, Systems and Database Department, Philippine Stock Exchange, Inc.;
- Evan Lee, Chief Technology Officer, Health and Human Services, Office of the Inspector General;
- Brad Peiffer, Director of Database Management Systems, Educational Testing Services;
- Jothi Periasamy, Chief Data Scientist, Sierra Infosys Inc., and Experfy (Harvard Innovation Lab);
- Thillai Raj T. Ramanathan, Chief Technology Officer, MIMOS Berhad;
- Joe Schuler, Vice President and Senior Business Leader, MasterCard;
- Scott Siu, Product Manager, Alibaba Cloud Computing;
- Stephen Williams, Head of Technology Architecture, Prudential Corporation Asia; and
- Terry Wise, Vice President, Worldwide Alliances, Channels, and Ecosystem, AWS
- Executives from across the open source ecosystem:
- Doug Balog, General Manager, IBM Power Systems;
- Ed Boyajian, President and CEO, EnterpriseDB;
- Brad Brech, Distinguished Engineer, IBM Academy of Technology;
- Sachin Dabir, CEO, Ashnik Pte. Ltd.;
- Meghan Halley, Open Source Director, Carahsoft;
- Elisabeth Hendrickson, Vice President, Research and Development, Pivotal Software, Inc.;
- Craig Guarente, CEO and Founder, Palisade Compliance;
- Chris Van Tuin, Chief Technologist, Red Hat, North America Western Region; and
- Bram Vijfhuizen, Senior Product Manager, Infor
- Leaders from the PostgreSQL Community:
- Oleg Bartunov, a Major Contributor; and CEO of Postgres Professional;
- Robert Haas, a Major Contributor and Committer; and Vice President, Chief Database Architect at EDB;
- Magnus Hagander, Core Team member and Major Developer of the PostgreSQL Global Development Group; and Principal Database Consultant and Open Source Expert at Redpill LinPro;
- Michael Meskes, Ph.D., President and CEO, credativ Group; and Committer for the Postgres project;
- Bruce Momjian, Co-founder of the PostgreSQL Global Development Group and Core Team Member; and Senior Database Architect at EDB; and
- Dave Page, Core Team Member; and Vice President, Chief Architect, Tools and Installers at EDB
For more information and to register, click here.
About Postgres Vision
Postgres Vision focuses on current and future enterprise usage of Postgres and open source data management. This unique event includes insights from technology and business luminaries, Fortune 500 use cases, a look at the Postgres ecosystem, and long-range outlooks from industry legends. The Postgres Vision conference takes place October 11-13 at the Innovation Hangar in San Francisco. Please visit www.PostgresVision.com for the latest updates.
All other names are trademarks of their respective owners.