SAN DIEGO, Aug. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the analytic data solutions company, today announced that Telenor Pakistan is a Best Practice Award Winner in the category of Advanced Analytics in the annual competition sponsored by The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI), the premier provider of in-depth, high-quality education and training in business intelligence (BI) and data warehousing (DW). The Telenor Pakistan system runs on a large, centralized Teradata enterprise data warehouse.
TDWI held the awards ceremony on Monday, August 19, at the TDWI World Conference in San Diego, California – where Telenor and other winners were recognized.
Telenor Pakistan is the second largest mobile telecom operator in Pakistan, with over 30 million subscribers and a 25 percent market share. It is owned by Telenor ASA, a multinational telecommunications company.
When Telenor Pakistan was launched in 2005, it had a basic reporting data warehouse with not enough subject areas to enable views for operational business requirements or the scalability to add sources crucial for strong positioning in a market increasingly dominated by price competition. The shift to a robust Teradata integrated data analytics platform delivers a 360-degree customer view using data from multiple source systems. Today, Telenor's analytics platform goes beyond traditional reporting, extending insights from their platform to commercial applications of analytics that intelligently route calls, drive cross-selling and up-selling, enable customer centricity in marketing strategies, customize offers for each individual customer, target micro-segments, and predict customer behavior.
This strategic analytics platform provides a sustainable competitive advantage to Telenor Pakistan. With improved customer service and increased revenue, the company has strengthened its second position in the market. Some of the applications at Telenor are:
- Magic Screen, which combines customer data, CRM functionality, BI, and data mining in a single view.
- Behavior Centric Routing, which scores every customer using a host of criteria to route callers to the right type of agent.
- System X, that allows Marketing to rapidly define incentives for customers in near real-time.
- Churn Prediction, which uses data mining techniques to quickly identify probable churners and facilitates incentives for them to stay.
- Behavioral Segmentation, which allows respective brand managers to identify which groups of subscribers are behaving in line with the brand's unique selling proposition
- Location Intelligence, a strategic tool for creating visual representation of geographic relationships by combining streams of commercial data and technology KPIs in the EDW.
"We are pleased that Telenor has earned recognition with TDWI – yet even more, we celebrate Telenor's superb results," said Scott Sobers, Director, Communications Industry Marketing and Strategy, Teradata. "Telenor Pakistan is leveraging its Teradata analytics platform to its competitive advantage, as it was fifth to enter the regional market and has now climbed quickly to become the area's second leading provider."
TDWI's Best Practices Awards program identifies and honors companies that demonstrate excellence in developing, deploying, and maintaining BI and DW applications. Companies and sponsoring solution providers from diverse industries submitted entries that were judged in a variety of categories. The nominated solutions were evaluated based on business impact, maturity, innovation, and relevance.
"The competition for this year's Best Practices Awards was at an all-time high. We saw innovative, forward-thinking solutions from many of the best and brightest in the BI/DW industry," said Richard Zbylut, president of TDWI. "This year's winners stand out on the leading edge and showcase an array of bold, new strategies destined to push and challenge the BI status quo. TDWI is honored to share that work with a larger audience."
Relevant News Links
- Beyond the Data Warehouse: Telenor Pakistan's journey into Advanced Analytics: The Business Intelligence Department at Telenor Pakistan developed a robust Teradata EDW that delivers a 360 degree customer view using data from multiple source systems.
- Telenor Pakistan Moves to Gain Greater Competitive Advantage with Expansion of Teradata Enterprise Data Warehouse - 2/27/2012
- Teradata Unified Data Architecture – News Release with Graphics for Reference
- Teradata is 1st to Deliver Big Analytics Innovation for Communications Service Providers
- Teradata's next-generation CSP capabilities – details with the framework and graphics
About Telenor Pakistan Telenor Pakistan is a provider of high quality telecommunication services in Pakistan since 2005. It has 32 million subscribers, over 2800 employees and a nationwide network covering more than 8,000 cities. It holds a majority share in Tameer Micro Finance Bank Limited. Telenor Pakistan is 100% owned by Telenor ASA and adds on to operations in Asia.
About Teradata Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) is the world's leading analytic data solutions company, focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics, and business applications. Teradata's innovative products and services deliver data integration and business insight to empower organizations to make the best decisions possible for competitive advantage. Visit teradata.com for details.
Get to know Teradata. Twitter: https://twitter.com/teradatanews Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Teradata YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/teradata LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/teradata/products
Teradata is a trademark or registered trademark of Teradata Corporation in the United States and other countries.